1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I am not George Clooney by any stretch of the imagination (especially handsome). Luckily for me, people don't typically take that as the most salient fact about me when they are deciding whether I deserve to be taken seriously when I say sentences.

Also feminism is stupid no need for it anymore maybe in the '50s.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. otc

otc Well-Known Member

There's also a post written by the woman about it: http://www.xojane.com/issues/my-pic...haming-anti-feminist-meme?utm_medium=facebook

I mean, of course it sucks when someone takes your picture and spreads it around in a mean way. But this isn't some men's rights movement assault on women...its somebody on the internet making a fat joke. Maybe that person hates women, or maybe they support feminist causes and aren't too aloof to poke fun of their own stereotypes. Its just starwars kid--but this time its with a feminist sign so it has to be a big deal.

I highly doubt that. I'm sure the creator perfectly understood the actual point the campaign (its really not that hard to grasp). But he saw an opportunity to make a cheap fat joke, so he made it.

3. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

GS Elevator Gossip on twitter: "feminists are just ugly underachievers who need an excuse for their failures."

4. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    Must...resist...urge...to...troll...

5. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

Third gender? I thought those were called kwilk-o-sexuals.

6. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I'm happy to learn that I am actually something called a "cisgendered"

7. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I thought that was when you were straight up missing a chromosome?

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I don't even know what that means.

9. otc

otc Well-Known Member

You're too cis to understand

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Actually it is, dude. Did you not get the memo? We voted on it and everything.

11. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I sort of knew a dude who accidentally started a mens rights group in college (as in we knew each other's names and had a class or two together).

He wrote a satire column in the school paper poking fun of the Women In Business student group about a new group he would call Men In Power

Of course there was some outcry...then there was some national news pickup (that missed that it was a joke) so the guy just decided to run with it and take the TV interviews and national newspaper articles. I think he got it turned into a registered student organization with funding and everything (renamed to "Men Initiating Progress") although I doubt it still exists today.

[​IMG]

Edit: according to facebook, he just passed the bar. Good for him.

12. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    Now that you closed-minded, retrograde bigots are done making jokes, I have a serious question:

If I fill a cistern with, say, rocks (or some other non-liquid material that needs storage), does that make it a transtern?

4 people like this.
  13. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Okay, here is a reason why not to have dumb friends on FB:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/26/technology/social/facebook-credit-score/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

So you thought seeing the pathetic lives of your former friends was harmless voyeurism and schadenfreude for you? Not so, Sonny Jim, it's lowering your credit score!

14. gomestar

i have taken to twitter for my ventings. I don't trust that my Facebook friends can handle me.

15. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

16. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

My cousin posted a pic of his face after a badminton injury. He took a shuttlecock to the eye socket...the injury doesn't look bad at all, there's barely any bruising so he's just being a baby.

So I responded - don't be such a baby, this isn't the first time you've had a cock in your eye. He's loaded for revenge now so I'm not going to be posting anything on FB for awhile :lol:

4 people like this.
  18. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Stumbling down a facebook rabbit hole of rural high school dropouts who party hard and have lots of sex it's hard not to regret some of my life choices. Their news feeds look so much more fun than the stupid shit my 'friends' post.

19. gomestar

back to my female bodybuilder "friend":

"And then there is this beast. You may not know it, but you remind me everyday to stay lighthearted and enjoy things as they are. Your enthusiasm for life is beautiful. When I don't feel like working hard I think of all the hard work you put in to be where you are today. Thank YOU for making me better, everyday."

picture of her lifting a bar of weights. Kawasaki motorcycle on kickstand in the distance. 'Merican flag hanging above it.

20. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

^ speaking of which, I'm getting so sick of these crossfit people. yeah sure you can do burpees while your strung up and all... but, no. one. cares.