1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

U2. They are just not that good.

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

I think you need to count this thread among the things you just don't get.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  3. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Things i don't get....

Homophobia ,racism , intolerance and double standards.

And also fucking queers and niggas...

1 person likes this.
  4. patrickBOOTH

Lasbar, I can't help, but resonate with your humor. What can I say, I find the aburdism of intolerance hilarious.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

while some may be perturbed by actions of others' and not "get" why one would do certain things... you can also "don't get" something you do or think about yourself.

Its like seeing sunsets or sunrises. I don't really get why people will climb/hike a mountain at ungodly hours just to see the same sun setting/rising that you can see outside your house on any given day. I can understand doing that for the unique view (of the landscape ect), but not for a sun set or sun rise.

so by now I shouldn't be surprised or interested when I see a 24hour mushroom in my dwarf orange tree's pot. but I just don't get why I am when I do see one going and also when its gone the very next day.

I don't get why people use dishwashers even for half/quarter loads. dishwashers seem incredibly wasteful of water, electricity, and gas (for hot water). Plus loading a dishwasher and removing the items to dry seems like almost as much work as washing it yourself under a sink.

6. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Well-Known Member

my dishwasher uses only 3.5 gallons of water to do a full load.
    I always feel wasteful if i handwash b/c I feel that I easily use more than that w/ a couple of handwashes.

also, dunno why I find myself discussing dishwashing in the sw&d forum

7. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

Taco Pizza and other abominations of comfort fusion cuisine. What the fuck is this shit?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  8. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

9. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

The pizza doesn't look that bad but the tacos must be horrible.

10. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

People that take really long shits. It's like people schedule blocks of their days for the time it takes them to shit, so they can prop themselves over a foul-smelling stool of rotting dead animal byproducts for like an hour, as if this is some sort of manly ritual and worth prolonging for a second more than necessary with a magazine. 95% of my shits are over in two minutes and I still wash my hands twice.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  11. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

well, if you mean people who shit and then sit there stewing over it for absurd amounts of time for no reason i whole heartedly agree with you there.

but if you mean people who have painful and difficult intestinal issues and are actually shitting for said extended period of time and then sitting there doubled over in writhing pain cuz their stomach is shredded to hell waiting to recover. then i say, give a dude a break.

12. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

People with guts problems are not in that category...

The ones I hate are the lazy ones.....

30 minutes to take a shit is absurd for a normal healthy adult...

What do you do for 30 minutes?

Do you analize your shit contents????

13. HgaleK

HgaleK Well-Known Member

I take care of business on the pot. If I need to check voicemail, make calls, check facebook, SF, etc. I'll do it on the can. It's the most productive place in my apartment. I shit, wipe, flush, get down to business, wet some TP for a final wipe to make sure that I'm spotless, and then get back to my day. I'm on the can now.

:slayer:

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

I play iPhone reversi on the toilet. My goal (which I usually successful at) is staying on the listed top 250 players in the reversi world. A complete game takes about 4-7min so it works out good.

[​IMG]

don't get me wrong I barely crack the top 250 (usually requiring a high 1600 - low 1700 rating) but its still nice to know that you're up there.

the sad part is that when I play outside of taking a shit I start losing. so I stop play and wait till I have to shit (to increase chances of me winning).

what I don't get? I don't get why in NYC there's always a latino guy who honks two seconds after a traffic light turns green.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  15. patrickBOOTH

It is too true.

16. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

People whose arms are fully functional and unencumbered who push the handicapped button to make the door open. After seeing countless people do this, I asked myself why I didn't do it. In fact, it had never even occurred to me to do it. I concluded that a basic, healthy sense of pride was the cause.

I imagine that if these same people found themselves having to walk down a steep hill, they would just roll to their destination.

1 person likes this.
  17. in stitches

people who can clearly tell you are walking behind them and are in a hurry and they refuse to walk with any sense of purpose. i dont get it. i mean i get walking slowly and being relaxed, but not when it obviosly holds up others. is it so hard to step aside for a second. just because you walk slow not everyone has to. i just dont get it.

18. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Where is sho'nuff in all this? This is the exact kind of thread he would absolutely own.

19. in stitches

have not seen him in a long time. i miss him he is awesome. :(

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  20. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Corollary to this: why nobody actually walks up or down escalators. I understand if you're at a metro station or something and it's a bazillion feet long, but at the freaking mall? It's like 20 steps, walk you lazy bastards. At least on the Metro people get forced to the side.