1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

whoa easy there fella... not only is she punk.. she's the mother effing "punk rock princess"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Having the yellow fever I do not go for blondes much but I would smash Avril as she reminds me of a certain strain of skanky French Canadian blondes that I had some rather intimate contact with as a yoot.

1 person likes this.
  3. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

what is the point of Russel Stover candy boxes? The only thing that happens with them is people are giften them at Christmas by old people, and then they bring them to work and leave them in the pantry while thinking "the secretaries enjoy eating junk like this, they can have it."

2 people like this.
  4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Some people probably don't know of anything better than Godiva and that is baller candy.

I sent my GreenFrog's mother a shit load of Jaques Torres chocolate this year. She loved them.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

well, how individual and unique is anyone? we're all part of some large group.

6. patrickBOOTH

Not the punks, they see through all of the bullshit of society and they stand alone! They are not blinded and corrupted by capitalism!

7. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I <3 you mang. and I saw what you did there

8. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I bought myself a ton of Amadei chocolates online once. My mother had been visiting and when I got home I got a text from her at the airport saying thank you for the goodbye chocolates. They were all gone. She later sent me a text saying it just tasted like regular chocolate. :fu:

9. patrickBOOTH

I like chocolate, but I never go out of my way for it. I'm not all that excited about it, but if I were I would know more than Duane Reade grade treats.

10. indesertum

Eataly has an excellent selection of chocolates. Last time I went there was Amadei and domori. Also mast brothers quality has improved a lot these past few years. If you see any patric chocolates I would buy those. Hard to come by but really intense jammy flavors.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  11. gomestar

LA Burdick for chocolates near USQ

12. indesertum

Their hot chocolate is great but they're a couverture company. I understand that they source from felchlin and vahlrona which are both great companies but the bars aren't the best you can get. Their Bon bons and stuff are really high quality however. They have a really unique practice of sourcing some of their own beans and sending them off to felchlin to make their couverture. I heard the head guy used to work for Bouley or something.

13. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Their promo video is pretty lulzy
    http://www.lumobodytech.com/

I am sure it works (a surrogate for a parent yelling at you to stand up straight when you were a kid), and combining it with a fitbit type system is nice...but the fact that they far exceeded their crowd-sourcing goal in 4 days is pretty funny.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Fireworks shows, after you've seen one, do you ever go out of your way to see another? Is anything really going to blow your yamaka off? I know some simplefolk that drop a couple grand every July on explosives, meh. Light a few bottle rockets and I'm content.

2 people like this.
  15. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

so you grew up amongst the poorz in the midst of trailer homes and gnome statues in front of them? :D

1 person likes this.
  16. patrickBOOTH

I don't understand the hype, the money spent and the law broken to acquire and set off fireworks. My father is one of these people who engages in these insanely complicated shady, expensive deals to acquire some loud explosions. (They are illegal in NJ where he lives).

17. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Driving to Pennsylvania is a complicated and shady deal?

18. gomestar

this. easy. when i was in college, my brother and I drove from the Finger Lakes to the Gibson stop on I-81 in Pennsylvania and filled the entire trunk of his Honda Accord with fireworks to bring back to NY. Some were epic.

19. patrickBOOTH

If you view the world through my eyes, yes.

20. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

In one of those strange wrinkles of conflicting state laws, larger fireworks are illegal to possess in Maryland. In Pennsylvania, they are legal to sell, but not to PA residents. So there are a cluster of these stores right on the border where PA stores sell to MD residents only who then bring them back across the state line. I am told there are state troopers who lay in wait just over the border looking for an excuse to pull someone over and justify a search, but I am not sure if that is true (or practical, or fully legal).

My Dad goes nuts with the things. I have no problem with it; I quite enjoy them. He puts on monster shows at least 3-4 times a year, and we fire off a handful randomly at other times throughout the year; we launched a good one last weekend in honor of my brother's birthday.

The only thing that concerns me is safety. We had one fall over a couple of years ago, and by luck (and I guess probability) the thing fell over in a direction where the roman candles were going off to the left (still towards us, but far enough to the side that nobody was in danger). When this is happening there are typically 50-150 people there, so there could have been serious injuries. Since then, I have served as the safety inspector, making sure all the major artillery goes off behind stone walls where, should something tip, it could not shoot towards the crowd.