1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

falling in line for the movies yesterday... there was a large tv monitor showing the movie schedules, and above the ticket booth is another monitor that shows how many seats are open for all the cinemas. and every single god damn time the person in front of me has to go ask the person in the ticket counter the schedule, how many seats are available, what time are the next showings... :fu:

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

WTF Allen Edmonds?

[​IMG]

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Where do I find seconds?

1 person likes this.
  4. Godot

Godot Well-Known Member

Ditto

5. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Football (the one we americanos call soccer) - is every match called by one single person? I can't tell for sure but it sure sounds like that

6. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a gently used pair.

1 person likes this.
  7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Make sure they owner used trees in them.

1 person likes this.
  8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

since I live in an semi suburban area with a wallmart nearby now I've noticed this a lot:

I'll see random people buying soda from a vending machine right in the lobby/storefront of a grocery/department store where you could just walk into the store and buy the soda for half the price.

There's variants of this - where the person has just finished shopping and walked out of the store and will buy a coke out of a vending machine in the lobby/storefront.

That $2.00 (or more) you spent on that 500ml bottle of coke? Sometimes they have 2 liter bottles for the same price right inside the store or a six pack of 500mll bottles for less than $4.00

9. otc

otc Well-Known Member

To be fair, the 2-liters aren't cold.

But yes, you could probably buy a cold 20oz from the convenience coolers near the checkout for less than the vending machine.

10. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    In my area, vending machines are uniformly cheaper than coolers in gas stations or stores.

11. Blackhood

Blackhood Well-Known Member

Self selection price insensitivity. There are a few good articles about it, but basically it comes down to how highly people value their time/expenditure. The option of spending an extra 5 mins picking up a 2ltr and some cups, queuing up to pay, pouring out and then carrying the extras is something they would pay $2 to avoid.

12. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

I hate carrying around bottles.

1 person likes this.
  13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I have been reading the reviews at Consequence of Sound looking for new music to listen to, and the results have made me wonder some things, such as for example why do so many "indie" bands have singers who are so bad at singing? I don't mean I don't like their style of singing, I mean they are bad singers by any reasonable standard of singing. They just sound like regular people with no special musical ability. Is this supposed to make them "authentic?" Why does anybody enjoy listening to them sing?

1 person likes this.
  14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

It may be the equivalent of cheering for the scrappy smaller less athletically gifted athlete (often Caucasian). Players like David Eckstaein, danny woodhead/wes welker, or Dustin pedroria. In sports the reality is those guys merely appear to be that way but at that level they are still that top 1 percentile of athletic ability. I guess successful rock indie music was never totally dependent on the lead singers vocal ability.

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy it but those look "sleek" and comfortable so I see them selling.

16. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

not sure what you guys are on about. Tommy Bahama pleated Bermuda shorts and tropical shirt + "Cuban" + overweight + hirsute + big school ring + those sandals + 50s singles bar outdoor patio = next level.

17. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Hope Stitchy is OK. Somehow, he wasn't even in the top 3 posters yesterday.

2 people like this.
  18. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

When did using headphones in public go out of fashion?

19. MrGood

MrGood Member

The ass I did as a single man. Ha

20. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

All of a sudden I am getting a bunch of requests from people to connect on LinkedIn. I barely know some of these people. I am not even signed up on LinkedIn. Why do I keep getting these requests?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013