• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

meth... my God wtf? (before and after pics.... it's not pretty so be warned)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hooked-deadly-drug.html?ICO=most_read_module

WTF. :confused:

"those pictures started on cannabis, they didn't just dive head first into heroin."

I wonder how many kids try heroin in undergrad, I know plenty that have tried/smoke weed on a regular but they are smart as ****. Kid I know is a pot head and just graduated from an ivy league law school, not that smoking week makes you smart but is it really that bad...I don't think so. I know it can be seen as a gateway drug but so can wine/beer, maybe some kids are just naturally stupid.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It has a significantly more detrimental impact on people who start smoking as teenagers than those that do as adults.

Some people can handle the habit, some people can't. Same with masturbation, video games, and Styleforum. The only thing I can think of that places marijuana as a more dangerous drug than alcohol is the ease of which it can be adopted as a habit. You can be high all the time and still function well; most people won't even notice. You can't say the same for being drunk, so alcohol abuse is more constrained.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has a significantly more detrimental impact on people who start smoking as teenagers than those that do as adults.

Some people can handle the habit, some people can't. Same with masturbation, video games, and Styleforum. The only thing I can think of that places marijuana as a more dangerous drug than alcohol is the ease of which it can be adopted as a habit. You can be high all the time and still function well; most people won't even notice. You can't say the same for being drunk, so alcohol abuse is more constrained.

Its also less chemically addicting and more psychological, so its generally easier to kick than booze, cigarettes, or hot sauce.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't get why a person cannot figure out how come she continuously gets respiratory problems when she smokes 2+ packs a day.

Dear Madam:

You wheeze like a 50 year old diesel truck because you smoke so much. This would be why you continuously cough up pea soup looking quantities of mucus. Why you are always ill with lung issues is because you constantly inhale tobacco smoke.

I hope this clue I have purchased you helps.

Best,

Piob

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I don't get why a person cannot figure out how come she continuously gets respiratory problems when she smokes 2+ packs a day.

Special flowers are like that. "oh, no - not me. Consequences are for Other People"

True story: One grandfather smoked Lucky Strike for a couple of decades and it affected him severely. Two other grandparents smoked for 50+ years and never coughed, wheezed, or got sick. One died of a heart attack, the other from effects of dementia. Totally bizarre, that.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
**********'s. Can someone explain the desire behind this?

Also, gay guys who offer you to come over to their house, with all the lights off, take your clothes off, get 'serviced' by them, and then you just get up and leave. Isn't that the creepiest sounding **** ever? And, apparently, this is quite popular.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kid I know is a pot head and just graduated from an ivy league law school, not that smoking week makes you smart but is it really that bad...I don't think so. I know it can be seen as a gateway drug but so can wine/beer, maybe some kids are just naturally stupid.

some people are just not so bright and others are just naturally smart. there's a kid in my law school (and it's T-14) that literally blazes in the parking garage daily between classes on the most insane chronic and just goes to Civ Pro and makes these brilliant arguments and I having tried the same stuff know I would be lucky to just sit down and watch an episode of the Simpsons in that condition :lol: people are weird (he is a bit weird as well!)

Some people can handle the habit, some people can't. Same with masturbation, video games, and Styleforum.

this is sig quote worthy!! awesome Claghorn :happy:

Also, gay guys who offer you to come over to their house, with all the lights off, take your clothes off, get 'serviced' by them, and then you just get up and leave. Isn't that the creepiest sounding **** ever? And, apparently, this is quite popular.

as opposed to just jerking off I suppose it is an acceptable upgrade to some.... maybe you should try and report back to us. SF ********** thread... who wants to moderate that one! :rotflmao:

I put the meth thing in there because I really don't get the complete addict mindset and I've always had a weird morbid fascination with heroin junkies. I don't know why... it's really, really sad though. :(

what up Liam O!!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

so how many have dropped by your house?

mandjo

Reaction score
I don't get Facebook in general. I've been using it since 2009, sparingly, but I'm still not sure why. I have a policy that if more than 50% of your posts are pictures of your children, you get dropped. Therefore, I have like no friends on Facebook anymore and mostly just follow organizations. I don't have kids, so I just can't grasp the obsession of posting pictures of toddlers for the world to see. I have (nay, had) one friend that would have professional photos of her precious little snowflake taken every single damn month and then post them on Facebook.

People don't like to see pictures of just kids, they want something more, your recent trips, what you ate for lunch or something. All the mundane stuff.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

so how many have dropped by your house?

thankfully none. since I'm on AFF these guys send me pics of their setups. its very very odd. just a painted plywood walled off room with a hole cutout. i assume they'd have some sort of step for short guys but I don't know. its the no-lights thing that always gets me.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thankfully none. since I'm on AFF these guys send me pics of their setups. its very very odd. just a painted plywood walled off room with a hole cutout. i assume they'd have some sort of step for short guys but I don't know. its the no-lights thing that always gets me.

some people like to be **** on. in that case it's decidedly less weird :nodding:

btw... is AFF itself creepy? are you looking for guys or girls (sorry I couldn't quite tell from the gist of your post; I don't care either way)

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Perhaps there should be a ********** appreciation thread?

Or perhaps there should not.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perhaps there should be a ********** appreciation thread?

Or perhaps there should not.

I did suggest that... just wondering how the "appreciation" factor will be quantified!! :smarmy:

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Popular with husbands, closeted gays, etc. who want to make sure nobody knows, I bet.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

some people like to be **** on. in that case it's decidedly less weird :nodding:
btw... is AFF itself creepy? are you looking for guys or girls (sorry I couldn't quite tell from the gist of your post; I don't care either way)

Guys (its ok). And, yes, it can be decidedly creepy. But its basically just like OkCupid except with nudity in the pictures.

Popular with husbands, closeted gays, etc. who want to make sure nobody knows, I bet.

Indeed it is. I just don't get the appeal. Wouldn't you WANT to know who was sucking *********? Some toothless old hag suckin on your ********. "Come on grandma, time to make this week's rent!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads