1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Twitter is going crazy about the new Pope...

A few days ago I was going crazy about what the Curiosity found about Mars.

2. Blackhood

Blackhood Well-Known Member

I hazily remember an article explaining that black people pay on average 15% less than whites and represent almost 60% higher chance of violence. Anyone smart works the rich white guy angle, given the chance.

3. A Canuker

A Canuker Well-Known Member

This last page is full of the lulz. Debating the proper conduct of hooking is something I thought I'd not see here but I should have known better. Where is Why to fill us in with the pimp code?

4. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was also pretty clear that most of them (at least the good looking ones) preferred an older client who was as focused on discretion as he was on the sex. 35 or 40+ was a common thread, as were people who wanted name, job, etc in advance.

The 45 year old married professional who values discretion isn't going to beat you or stiff you...you can go to his wife or his employer and get him in trouble.

A drunk single 25 year old who wants some ass and gets rough...what are you going to do? Go to the police? If you are trying to operate without a pimp's muscle, this option isn't very appealing.

5. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

What's with the .1% of bacteria and viruses these Lysol wipes don't claim to kill? Is there something particular about them, or is this just some type of tempered expectation to prevent lawsuits from dissatisfied customers who try to clean dirty syringes with them?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  6. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

^ some of them are able to escape and hide

7. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

How did they determine it was .1% of bacteria and viruses? Why not 6%?

8. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

9. Blackhood

Blackhood Well-Known Member

The 0.1% is to do with the tolerances of the measuring equipment. They can't prove that final .1% can be killed, so they can't claim it. You won't find anything that promises to kill 100% of bacteria.

10. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

your dirty grubby hand will replace all the bacteria on whatever you've just wiped anyway

11. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Some of these antimicrobial products are funny/absurd. The marketing people have apparently equated "germs" with "dirt." Like, your house isn't clean unless all your surfaces are 100% (or 99.9% anyway) sterile. Why does anybody care if their floor cleaner kills 99.9% of bacteria? Are you licking your floors frequently? You're just going to contaminate it the next time you go outside anyway. Germs are everywhere, stop trying to pretend you can sterilize everything.

1 person likes this.
  12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I think what a lot of people don't understand is that germs can impact our health in a negative way. Until germs are eliminated from the biosphere, none of us is safe. Not even our children.

1 person likes this.
  13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

I take umbrage at that. Some of my best friends are germs. Germs are decent people. When's the last time you heard about some germ beating his wife? Or drunk driving? And not a single germ has ever committed genocide or terrorism. Germs don't pollute our atmosphere with ozone destroying hydrocarbons, and they don't drone bomb American citizens or circumsize clitorises. Germs are egalitarian, going for the rich and poor alike. They are non-racial, non-sexist, and non-ableist. Germs don't rape children or fetishize material goods. They don't rig elections or sponsor reality television. They don't listen to Justin Bieber or wage an unwinnable drug war that incarcerates an entire generation of poor folks.

What do germs do? They give you a little sniffle. Well a little sniffle is a small price to pay to eradicate global warming, racial hatred, religious intolerance, domestic violence and child molestation.

Germs may not be as advanced as us but we could learn a lot about how to better great each other from the noble germ.

Consider me on Team Germ.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  14. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

What do germs do? They give you a little sniffle. Well a little sniffle is a small price to pay to eradicate global warming, racial hatred, religious intolerance, domestic violence and child molestation.

Germs may not be as advanced as us but we could learn a lot about how to better great each other from the noble germ.

Tell that to the Incas..

15. Harold falcon

Would these be the same Incas who practiced human sacrifice and ritual cranial deformation?

16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Untrue--I just checked and there are germs all over my son's cock...and in his butt. This is unacceptable! Parents: Are you sure your child hasn't been violated by Germ?

17. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Fair enough...

The Incas were just misunderstood...

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you, but germs don't even believe in Jesus, so they can't act according to morals. If we think they haven't committed great crimes, it's probably because they're clever enough to avoid detection. (As a man of law, you must be familiar with the phenomenon.) Sorry, but a fact's a fact.

19. Harold falcon

That Germs do not accept Jesus as their Holy Saviour is not determinative of their morality. Rather, it is incumbent upon us to raise them out of that condition.

"Take up the Healthy Man's Burden--
    Send forth the best ye breed--
    Go bind your sons to sickness--
    To serve your pathogens' need,
    To sleep in when sick with cough
    And sip on soup and NyQuil
    To better our own human race
    To emulate the weak and ill."

And So the absence of evidence becomes evidence of presence? Surely you're better than that.

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I don't get why we have to watch that stupid chimney at all times to see when a pope is named. Can't one of those striped dudes with the halberds just send out a tweet or something?