• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score

People whose arms are fully functional and unencumbered who push the handicapped button to make the door open. After seeing countless people do this, I asked myself why I didn't do it. In fact, it had never even occurred to me to do it. I concluded that a basic, healthy sense of pride was the cause.
I imagine that if these same people found themselves having to walk down a steep hill, they would just roll to their destination.

+1. I also don't understand people who still choose to use an elevator when the building is only 2-3 floors high.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You read my mind. I was actually going to include that point in my original post, but I figured it was getting too long. I work in a building with four floors. I always see people using the elevator to go up or down one floor. And here's the thing that's most striking to me: literally 95% of the time I see someone getting on or off the elevator, they are fat. I don't mean chubby or curvy; I mean fat. Now I'm completely opposed to fat-shaming, but here's something I genuinely wonder about: do those people realize that it's small decisions like that, repeated many times a day and over the course of a lifetime, that account for their being so overweight? Either they don't know that or they don't care. Both are odd.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frequently buildings these days are designed where the elevator is a focal point, and the stairs are tucked away. You're just sort of directed to the elevator, but have to hunt for the stairs. Fairly natural to hit up the elevator in those circumstances.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. I also don't understand people who still choose to use an elevator when the building is only 2-3 floors high.

We don't get elevators unless the building is ten floors high, except for some hotels or government buildings. The place I work has seven floors, no elevators. Most people are quite fit.

Last edited:

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You read my mind. I was actually going to include that point in my original post, but I figured it was getting too long. I work in a building with four floors. I always see people using the elevator to go up or down one floor. And here's the thing that's most striking to me: literally 95% of the time I see someone getting on or off the elevator, they are fat. I don't mean chubby or curvy; I mean fat. Now I'm completely opposed to fat-shaming, but here's something I genuinely wonder about: do those people realize that it's small decisions like that, repeated many times a day and over the course of a lifetime, that account for their being so overweight? Either they don't know that or they don't care. Both are odd.

Work smart, not hard.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The building I live in is only 4 stories high. The condo owners have this google group where everybody bitches about building issues and apparently the hot topic is constantly that the elevator is down. I live on the second floor and the only time that I used the elevator was to move stuff in. As I am walking into the building I get somebody coming in with me and roll their eyes that the elevator is out again. I even got a food delivery guy yell at me for not telling the person who took my order that the elevator was out. I asked them why they tried to take it to the second floor to begin with. Idiots.

Dean Keaton

Reaction score
Women painting their nails in cafes, or generally in public places. I am having an espresso and I have to smell that ****. First, I've seen it once but now it's becoming common. WTF.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Women painting their nails in cafes, or generally in public places. I am having an espresso and I have to smell that ****. First, I've seen it once but now it's becoming common. WTF.

It is a nice free solvent high...

Acetone smells lovely..

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't understand voicemails. I mean, I can see you called. Just send me an email with what you need. Come to think of it, phone calls in general are useless. Just send me an email. Gah!

If someone calls me (except my boss) and doesn't leave a voicemail it's unlikely that I'll call them back. I hate it when someone sends me a convoluted email when a 20 second phone call would've done the trick.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We don't get elevators unless the building is ten floors high, except for some hotels or government buildings. The place I work has seven floors, no elevators. Most people are quite fit.

They don't have the choice...

No PC policies????

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do a seemingly large number of British people have lisps?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I still don't understand Twitter

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I still don't understand Twitter

Oh I do. It's for telling the whole world about every little triviality and thought that crosses one's mind, and for telling the world about what one is having for breakfast, lunch and dinner, in 120 letters or less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads