1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things you just can't understand...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fade to Black, Mar 14, 2008.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Why museums are open such short hours. It's Saturday, we're about to leave for Philly. The museum closes at 5pm. Why? On a Saturday? Why not 9pm?

b

Dude-- have you seen Night at the Museum? You don't wanna be around for that shit to happen.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

9. How the right complains about how lazy government employees are, yet wants to pay them crap so that no one but lazy asses will work for the government. I guess I do understand this, it's a self-sustaining cycle.

There are many, many more factors than salary there. It's not like market pressures are allowed to penetrate government hiring practices. Can you imagine the shit-storm from various special interest groups if only the most qualified, hardest working candidates got hired throughout government land?

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Dude-- have you seen Night at the Museum? You don't wanna be around for that shit to happen.

[​IMG]

4. IDirector

IDirector Well-Known Member

-Why the Thai restaurant near my apartment never gives me enough rice, but gives me overflowing amounts of curry that takes me three sitting to finish (once I make more rice at home).
    - How people fall for televangelists
    - How rediculous televangelists are for demanding that poor people give them 10% of their money while the "preachers" drive around in Bentleys
    - Athiests who meet weekly in a formal setting to talk about being athiests

PPl who type out "rediculous"

5. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

In no particular order:

Most Hollywood films--I guess it helps that they realize that most people are stupid and are okay with that.

Ringtones--So annoying. Every dope with a phone has some lousy song that they let play like three times before answering. Also, they act soooo embarrassed when it goes off. Put your damn phone on vibrate!

Standing in the middle of the grocery isle and pondering your next move/purchase--These people have no courtsey for those who are trying to be efficient and quick at the store. Move over...and don't act offended when someone says "Excuse me" to get past you.

Littering. Too much to say here.

People who get really rude/loud/angry with service industry/sales people in the hopes that they'll suddenly get better service.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

6. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

How do crap and smears get all over you monitor (especially little hard bits) when you are religious about not touching it.

7. VKK3450

VKK3450 Well-Known Member

How do crap and smears get all over you monitor (especially little hard bits) when you are religious about not touching it.

2 girls 1 cup??

K

8. nioh

nioh Well-Known Member

The reuse of shopping bags from 'fancy' stores e.g. Gucci, Hermès and the likes; especially amongst young women.

9. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Well-Known Member

The reuse of shopping bags from 'fancy' stores e.g. Gucci, Hermès and the likes; especially amongst young women.

+1. I hate this kind of behavior...but i think it's harmless, if anything it's more of a vanity/status symbol thing.

10. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

That's so annoying. I once saw a woman at one of the 5th Ave. Sephora stores putting her cosmetics into a Bergdorf bag. Get a life lady.

11. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

the derivative... John Cage...

12. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

In (standard) tango class, why the woman who apparently has no rhythm and cannot figure out the most basic steps is asking the instructor if he'll be teaching us a more advanced (Argentine) step.

Hello!? You can't do the two steps we've learned so far. And you want to learn the much harder, much more complex steps of another style? You're an idiot.

b

13. Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Nico Samuel Pleninsek Well-Known Member

Kids who wear athletic shorts underneath their pants and then boxers underneath the athletic shorts. I don't get it!

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

europeans and their weird jeans.

why said europeans love macy's on 34th so much.

obamamania

there will be blood outside of ddl's performance

gas prices

ethiopian food

band of outsiders

boat shoes resurgence

15. X-It

X-It Well-Known Member

Coho.

You can take a nap on Sabbath, my child... my child, my precious child! [​IMG]

16. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

In (standard) tango class, why the woman who apparently has no rhythm and cannot figure out the most basic steps is asking the instructor if he'll be teaching us a more advanced (Argentine) step.

Hello!? You can't do the two steps we've learned so far. And you want to learn the much harder, much more complex steps of another style? You're an idiot.

b

At least you have Tango classes in your area; the closets' Tango class I could find is in Miami, which is far too far away. I could take a crash course in Bs As, but its not the same.

Jon.

17. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

At least you have Tango classes in your area; the closets' Tango class I could find is in Miami, which is far too far away. I could take a crash course in Bs As, but its not the same. Jon.
    Miami beats Buenos Aires for tango classes?

18. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

At least you have Tango classes in your area; the closets' Tango class I could find is in Miami, which is far too far away. I could take a crash course in Bs As, but its not the same.

Jon.

Yeah, I guess I don't see the disadvantage of learning tango in BA. Different style than the American standard, but it's the amazing sensual, close, walking version. The ladies love it.

b

19. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

+1. I hate this kind of behavior...but i think it's harmless, if anything it's more of a vanity/status symbol thing.

I once saw a girl using a well-worn Emporio Armani shopping bag.

20. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

In Milan I saw an old man carrying a very worn Hermes shopping bag, so worn, in fact, that he had used duct tape to repair the sides where it had worn through.