• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things Women Wear That You Hate

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread will be DT'd (as it deservedly should) in T-minus...............

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clothes /t

Last edited:

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dowdy

comme-des-garcons-mary-jane-flats.jpg

Those are to indentify them as lesbians

Jorgeezy

Reaction score

Calder

Reaction score
I don't know what the item is called, but there's a fashion for a band of cloth around the ribs just under the breasts.

On women who are less well endowed it makes them look flat-chested, on larger women it makes them appear to have a belly.

Overall, not flattering.

AscotBlue

Reaction score
Denim cut offs that are so short you can see the pockets hanging under them or so short.... they might as well be belts.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Empire waisted anything unless the wearer is pregnant.

Toss up between Uggs, ballet flats and wedgies for the ugliest most unflattering shoes.

Ridiculous and obvious trends like skorts, zigzag hemmed skirts, one arm dresses.

Handbags. It enough for a weekend away.

Most women don't dress for men. They don't even dress for themselves. They dress for their friends, nonfriends and coworkers.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

^Any skirt, dress, etc that goes up to her chest, especially faux 60's looks. Makes even the most well-proportioned chick look like chubbs mcchubby. might as well wear a moomoo.

I assume you mean the Empire waisted skirt? Like with men's clothing, each silhouette is meant for a specific body type, and it's probably not wise to dismiss an entire cut just because many people wear it poorly. The Empire is good for women with a heavier midsection or aren't terribly busty. You see it in East Asia and I think it looks great.

Last edited:

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I assume you mean the Empire waisted skirt? Like with men's clothing, each silhouette is meant for a specific body type, and it's probably not wise to dismiss an entire cut just because many people wear it poorly. The Empire is good for women with a heavier midsection or aren't terribly busty. You see it in East Asia and I think it looks great.

Wow.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Baby Doll" dresses. You know those damn things where the waist is up around their rib cage? It takes a normal or tall sized woman and makes her look like a midget with tatas standing on leg-stilts?

No woman looks good in them. Or, rather, any good looking woman in one would look better in anything else. Except maybe those "boyfriend jeans".

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"things women wear that you hate"...

clothes...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads