1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things to do, places to eat in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Huntsman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

Am going to be in Cleveland early next week, and will have some time to myself in the evenings. I wanted to take in the Cleveland Art Museum, but it's closed this month. The R&R hall of fame isn't that interesting to me, and I'm not into sports much. Any ideas -- good SF-type shopping is probably going to be down to a store or so. Also need a place to have at least one really good meal. Will be staying East of the city proper.

Thanks,
    Huntsman

2. Memphis

Memphis Well-Known Member

IF you are looking for some food, the best places I would suggest is Parkers (if they are still open) or the Mortons downtown. Both very good. Also there is a place on W 6th called XO that has very good food and Cognac's if you are into that, that is where I had my birthday this year in November.

If you want THE best drinks you have ever had head to a place called Velvet Tango Room (its like stepping back in time to a 20's speakeasy). Remember to wear a suit seeing as how they wont let you in in street clothes. Tell the owner that the "Succession" guys sent you. Paulis will take care of you there.

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

Am going to be in Cleveland early next week, and will have some time to myself in the evenings. I wanted to take in the Cleveland Art Museum, but it's closed this month. The R&R hall of fame isn't that interesting to me, and I'm not into sports much. Any ideas -- good SF-type shopping is probably going to be down to a store or so. Also need a place to have at least one really good meal. Will be staying East of the city proper.

Thanks,
    Huntsman

drive to chicago, I'll buy you a steak.

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

Memphis, thank you -- I am intrigued and may stop by.

Globe, it's a little far for the time I have, but I hope to make it to Chicago, and if/when I know, I'll seriously drop you a line.

~ Huntsman

5. Memphis

Memphis Well-Known Member

I will be in Chicago in Feb, doing the autoshow and food tour as usual.

NoMi and Cite' are my favories in the city. Almost forgot to add in Moto ( for the scientific food)

Crobar and La Passage' are the perfered night time venues