1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things that you know are "inferior" but still prefer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Feb 15, 2009.

1. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Well-Known Member

So you don't actually prefer the Parker Jotter?

Yes I do, it's a pretty solid, cheap pen. Yet inferior for SF standards I suppose.

2. Surfrider

Surfrider Well-Known Member

Yes: Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, in the blue box, with the neon orange cheez powder.

I may be a food snob who once considered a career as a chef, but I will never, ever turn down a bowl of this shit.

3. Acephale

Acephale Well-Known Member

Tres cheap super skinny stretch cropped jeans from Tokyo station malls... D&G rip along the seams and not the arse [​IMG] and there is no way on earth I am ever going to try on 37trillion pairs in Barneys just to find anything 'worthy' that fits...

and $10 Thai fishermans pants when worn not in Thailand too.

4. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Your dad's Indian?
    So's your mom. [​IMG]

5. IndianBoyz

So's your mom. [​IMG]

I'm your uncle.

6. Acephale

So's your mom. [​IMG]
    And my Great Aunt Lucie and Great Uncle Harry and probably a.n.other or few of the eight (well through birth)... until the end of the Raj and their subsequent outcaste'dness there and...

7. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

Certain Ferragamo and Prada shoes. Quality is sub-par (more so for Prada), and I won't pay retail for them, but when it comes to stylish shoes that are good for both dress and long distance walking, I've yet to find something more comfortable.

8. Acephale

Certain Ferragamo and Prada shoes. Quality is sub-par (more so for Prada), and I won't pay retail for them, but when it comes to stylish shoes that are good for both dress and long distance walking, I've yet to find something more comfortable.

Yes,yes with Gucci especially. Other than the disco Guccis (but even the loop on their strap broke the first night) they feel great and are perfectly balanced and comfortable but fall apart instantly. And when you take them back to Gucci they have to send them back to Italy which can take up to 12 weeks for repair.

Love/hate relationship.[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Well-Known Member

This may sound like SF blasphemy, but I am amazed at how good the St. Johns Bay Pique Heritage Polos are at JC Penney. They are listed at $30-something but routinely go on sale for around $10. I bought a couple about 1 year ago and they have held up remarkably well. They are in a regular rotation, getting used every 10 days or so and they look like new. The colors are vibrant, the collars in good shape and the arm bands have not lost even a bit of their elasticity. Worth every penny of the ten bucks I paid for them.....

10. IndianBoyz

And my Great Aunt Lucie and Great Uncle Harry and probably a.n.other or few of the eight (well through birth)... until the end of the Raj and their subsequent outcaste'dness there and...

[​IMG]

Maharaj

11. IndianBoyz

12. Recoil

Recoil Well-Known Member

I have a gray button-up sweater vest I like wearing more than any of my higher-end sweaters.... it's from Club Monaco!! [​IMG]

CM is definitely not SF approved but their sweaters I think are excellent.

13. Big Bird

Big Bird Well-Known Member

Brooks Brothers Non-Iron Slim Fit Dress shirts

Johnston & Murphy dress shoes with "Trampoline Comfort"

Tommy Hilfiger merino wool sweaters

Tag Heuer

/BB

14. IndianBoyz

Tag Heuer = crap quality?

15. Big Bird

Big Bird Well-Known Member

Tag Heuer = crap quality?

Not really. I would say high quality crap...

Compared to other watches in the same price range the quality is not at the same level. On the other hand I am not a watch nerd and care more about the look than the quality of the movement and I do like the design of the ones I got.

/BB

16. radicaldog

radicaldog Well-Known Member

Clarks desert boots over any fancy chucka from SF-approved makers..

17. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

18. bmulford

bmulford Well-Known Member

I'd have to say hispanic women.

19. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

[*]simple sport coats: It's official sport coats have to be loud and look like a picnic blanket to be "right". Whoever ventures into simpler patterns or (g_d forbid) monochromatic fabrics is doomed and will skip purgatory, straight to the flames. I happen to like a simple grey or beige sport coat, simple herringbone maybe, a touch of cashmere for some fuzzy feel and I'm a happy camper.
    [/list]

+1. I really like textures and patterns, but I don't want my jackets to scream that they're odd.
    (Pun intended).

20. Razeus

Razeus Well-Known Member

I'd have to say hispanic women.

lol[​IMG]