1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

Ditto actually. My right shoulder causes problems with every kind of press I do and my back/knees occasionally gives me shit with DL's.

My right elbow and my left wrist have been bothering me for a year now. I took a month before to recover and the pain came back immediately after I started lifting again. The only thing my ortho guy can do for me is to put me on pain meds and anti-inflammatories. I decided against that route, I hate taking unnecessary meds.

2. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Well-Known Member

5'10. Just a bit under 200. Not huge, but big enough to put the scrawny biatches in place.

LOL... for me it usually works the other way. I weigh 135lbs and most people in the gym look at me with derision until I put the weights up - the 240lb BP usually gets their attention. Dips with +90lbs and a few dead hang pullups with a 45lb plate on a dip belt don't hurt. Nothing really impressive by any means but enough to put the average gym fucktards who strut around in their muscle tees after curling a 60lb barbell in their place.

3. Prada_Ferragamo

LOL... for me it usually works the other way. I weigh 135lbs and most people in the gym look at me with derision until I put the weights up - the 240lb BP usually gets their attention. Dips with +90lbs and a few dead hang pullups with a 45lb plate on a dip belt don't hurt. Nothing really impressive by any means but enough to put the average gym fucktards who strut around in their muscle tees after curling a 60lb barbell in their place.

I hella respect that. If the skinnies at my gym can put up that much weight, I'll bow down to them. I never wear muscle tees though.

4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

Ditto actually. My right shoulder causes problems with every kind of press I do and my back/knees occasionally gives me shit with DL's.

Have you had your rotator cuff checked?

5. West24

West24 Well-Known Member

you guys care way too much about what other people are doing/lifting in your gym.

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

you guys care way too much about what other people are doing/lifting in your gym.
    Cmon the competitive element is fun. There's no malice

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Other people in my gym don't bother me as long as they aren't stupid asses who clog up a clustered space. >90% people at my school's gym

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

freakin only one stairmaster at our apts gym and usually it is empty and im the only one using it...but when on occasion i go in and see someone on it, i get [​IMG] all of a sudden...like as if i OWN the stairmaster and how DARE they are on it taking up my precious time waiting for them.

but theyre off of it in a few minutes. no longer than 10-15 tops. im the one who use it like for an hour while watching the game or espn world series of poker.

but i still get pissed off for some reason. that's my stairmaster dammit!

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Had to use the "Prada-stare-down" on some bros using the last bench in the place as their own personal weight platform. They had like 4 dumbells each and rather than set them on the floor, they used a bench press.[​IMG]

But they cleared out as I focused evil thoughts towards them.

10. Prada_Ferragamo

Had to use the "Prada-stare-down" on some bros using the last bench in the place as their own personal weight platform. They had like 4 dumbells each and rather than set them on the floor, they used a bench press.[​IMG]

But they cleared out as I focused evil thoughts towards them.

IMO that's the best way to politely say, use it or get the fuck off. They know you mean business when you give them a stare.

11. Prada_Ferragamo

The pain in my elbow never seems to go away. Even when I stretch lightly, it hurts. [​IMG]

12. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

met a pt the other day and found out my lower back is pretty straight and doesnt have a nice curve. she's having me do lunges and stiff legged deadlifts and hamstring flexibility exercises for a month before i can go back to squats and deadlifts. she also pointed out a spot in my lower back where i get minor muscle spasms which was pretty amazing. i tried looking for it but could only find it because the lower back hurts there. could not locate it with my fingers.

i took this past 6 days or so off of working out and my back feels tons better.

cant wait to deadlift again someday. maybe ill get 1.5x bw bp by then.

13. Prada_Ferragamo

Time off is the best way to recover. Hope you the pain goes away for you soon.

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Its amazing what some time off does for recoveries from anything. I took this week off to battle a cold, and finally got back to the gym today. I was like 110% better. I'm wondering if I should switch to a 3 day program and let body parts recover over a week

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Pissing me off: losing weight, but remaining the same shape. I swear, I'm going end up too thin, but with love handles. They could survive the apocalypse. They could survive anything. American Airlines wants to study them for their black box 2.0.

Gentlemen: we are all doomed.

16. mm84321

mm84321 Well-Known Member

Pissing me off: losing weight, but remaining the same shape. I swear, I'm going end up too thin, but with love handles. They could survive the apocalypse. They could survive anything. American Airlines wants to study them for their black box 2.0. Gentlemen: we are all doomed.
    Had the same problem for a while. Started intermittent fasting and a 24-48 hour fast once a week, and presto! Lost the handles without sacrificing muscle.

17. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Had the same problem for a while. Started intermittent fasting and a 24-48 hour fast once a week, and presto! Lost the handles without sacrificing muscle.

+1 - selective fasting can work wonders for your system.

18. Newlaw

Newlaw Well-Known Member

Pissing me off: losing weight, but remaining the same shape. I swear, I'm going end up too thin, but with love handles. They could survive the apocalypse. They could survive anything. American Airlines wants to study them for their black box 2.0.

Gentlemen: we are all doomed.

Have you been taking pics/measurements? Many people have a "no man's land," usually between 15-20% bodyfat where they can lose weight but the visible changes in the mirror aren't too drastic. If the scale keeps going down (and you are retaining muscle) then you are doing the right thing.

19. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

I've been making good gains on all my big lifts since starting SPBR over a month ago, but the last two workouts (squat & bench) have been plateau-y. Going to wait and see how the next two work outs (DL & incline bench) go down before making a decision to mix things up.

IA recommended to deload sooner rather than later, but I was hoping not to have to deload after 5-6 weeks.

20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

sprained my left wrist about 2 months ago and it just won't get any better!!!! i mean, it's gotten better in the sense that it doesn't hurt as much, but it's still impaired to the point where I can't lift any weights with my left arm.

has anyone had any experience with cortisone injections? I'm thinking of simply putting a cast on for a couple weeks. I have a theory that it heals ever so slightly when I sleep, but the constant, minor use of my wrist throughout the day re-damages it repeatedly. A cast should theoretically solve that, I hope.