1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Feb 19, 2011.

1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

The lowballing phaggots who troll FS threads.

2. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

Timd to roid rage that shiz up.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

The assault deep squatting is inflicting on my quads. Not even deep, really, just legitimately horizontal. I'd been squatting wrong for years

Also, people doing stupid, pointless exercises. IMO anyway. Dancing, burpee like movements... just lift some god damn weights or hit a treadmill. I mean I guess working out has to be fun, but honestly I can't see what you are looking to gain by crab walking across the main thoroughfare of the free weight room. Seriously???

Also like I mentioned in the personal trainer threads... personal trainers and trainees who engage in, IMO, excessive physical contact. Dude does not need to have his hands on homegirls hips, thighs, and ass for every exercise she does. Is it a gym or the set of Real Sex 29????

4. Transcendental

Transcendental Well-Known Member

I lost about 30 pounds. as an indirect result, lost about 40 on my max squat. No biggie, except now when I'm trying to increase my oly lifts. Incidentally, I'm feeling weaker (which I am I suppose). Also, especially pissed off now that my goals are focused on the Oly lifts, as I have no coach available to me.

God damnit.

5. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Well-Known Member

Dude hocking a loogie about a dozen times in the gym shower, every one of them mega productive. I wear flip flops in the shower but still, damn.. couldn't you do it in the sink or the urinal or something? [​IMG]

6. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Terrible "Oosh oosh oosh music" blaring all over the place. Couldn't there be a compromise? The Jimi Hendrix Experience would be awesome at the gym.

"And the wind...cries..."

"And up and one-two!"

"Mary"

7. stever

stever Well-Known Member

i'll take some doof over commercial radio any day

fuck lifting to 5 minute ad intervals and a bunch of bullshit talkback

8. AccorLig

AccorLig New Member

+1

9. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Also, people doing stupid, pointless exercises. IMO anyway. Dancing, burpee like movements... just lift some god damn weights or hit a treadmill. I mean I guess working out has to be fun, but honestly I can't see what you are looking to gain by crab walking across the main thoroughfare of the free weight room. Seriously???

Is your problem with doing them or doing them in the weight room? I agree with the latter, but the former I don't.

Been mixing that insanity program into my workout and I love it. Some of the moves are corny, but shit...you walk away from that thing dripping with sweat and loving life. I don't hate treadmills like most people, but I'd MUCH rather do 30 minutes of intense interval moves than an hour on the treadmill.

10. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Saw dude doing 1/4 ROM weighted pullups. Arms barely went past 90 degrees on the way down. [​IMG]

11. West24

West24 Well-Known Member

i'll take some doof over commercial radio any day

fuck lifting to 5 minute ad intervals and a bunch of bullshit talkback

wtf was that? thats some of the worst shirt ive heard in my life!

12. stever

stever Well-Known Member

i'm not endorsing it by any means, it's just a lesser evil that seems to be popular at my gym [​IMG]

13. Cool The Kid

Is your problem with doing them or doing them in the weight room? I agree with the latter, but the former I don't.

Been mixing that insanity program into my workout and I love it. Some of the moves are corny, but shit...you walk away from that thing dripping with sweat and loving life. I don't hate treadmills like most people, but I'd MUCH rather do 30 minutes of intense interval moves than an hour on the treadmill.

There's not much room to do stuff in the gym besides use the equipment, but I don't even mind that TBH. To me, if you want to really get fit, you have to really exert yourself... either by moving as much weight as you can, or by doing cardio at a level of exertion that puts you at a high heart rate. Crabwalking in 30 second intervals w/ 90 second rests does neither if u are moderately fit (which the dude in question was) Prob just a meaningless pet peeve of mine... I just... can't reconcile people either taking the wrong path to fitness goals or having no goals at all.

14. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

I think part of this is that its usually skinny bitches with their noses turned up high because they know "THE SECRET" to getting fit, and its that said ridiculous move.

15. stever

stever Well-Known Member

get to the gym, ready for the last workout before the long weekend...

CLOSED THURSDAY AFTERNOON
    SEE YOU AGAIN WEDNESDAY

guess i'm going jogging [​IMG]

16. Fuzzypuppy

Fuzzypuppy Well-Known Member

I'm walking through the corridor between the lockers and the showers to wash my hands after my workout. The gym has mirrors and personal stations along the sides, and as I walk past a 50+ year old dude, he unleashes a spray of cologne that soaks me in his awful perfume.

Dude, seriously?

No, seriously.

Seriously.

17. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

You better hope cologne was all that was judging from some of the creepy old men I've seen in locker rooms.

18. Cool The Kid

I'm walking through the corridor between the lockers and the showers to wash my hands after my workout. The gym has mirrors and personal stations along the sides, and as I walk past a 50+ year old dude, he unleashes a spray of cologne that soaks me in his awful perfume.

Dude, seriously?

No, seriously.

Seriously.

Marking his territory "Nite nite... keey ya [...] tite!" -Tron

19. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

I won't pay or take the time to go to a gym so I'm just working out at home with minimal equipment (mat, 25lbs dumbells, chinup bar and those rotating hand held things for pushups).

I'm running out of ideas for exercises, you guys got any?

(so far I do various crunches, pushups, chinups, then bicep curls and tricep lifts behind the head, and then squats and calf raises on a stair)

20. wizzeak

wizzeak Well-Known Member

^dips? find a playground, use 2 identical chairs, use an old mans walker,