1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

The cold. I love winter. I'm already lamenting the onset of spring.

2. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Double-counting, but congrats again nonetheless.
    Yeah but it feels kinda different when you get it on a nice piece of paper. [​IMG]

3. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

Fuck the British! An ice storm is coming, an ice storm is coming!

4. Connemara

I am drunk. This makes me happy.

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I am drunk. This makes me happy.

I thought you'd at least make it til noon.

6. Connemara

I thought you'd at least make it til noon.
    Eh, it's partially fromm last night's drinking.

7. Beckwith

Beckwith Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Connemara
    Just got my official acceptance letter from The Ohio State University. The Internet wasn't lying!

I love how people refer to it as "The Ohio State University". Is this supposed to make it sound more sophisticated? Make the people sound smarter...At least they have that going for them.....which is nice.

8. Connemara

Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Just got my official acceptance letter from The Ohio State University. The Internet wasn't lying! I love how people refer to it as "The Ohio State University". Is this supposed to make it sound more sophisticated? Make the people sound smarter...At least they have that going for them.....which is nice.
    It was founded as "The Ohio State University." It's the official name.

9. Beckwith

It was founded as "The Ohio State University." It's the official name.

I guess you learn something new everyday, even at a land grant school. That is a drastic change from your current college, I would personally stick with SS. You might get really lost at "The Ohio State University"

10. kwilkinson

I guess you learn something new everyday, even at a land grant school. That is a drastic change from your current college, I would personally stick with SS. You might get really lost at "The Ohio State University"

Don't listen to him, Conne. It's our destiny!

11. Beckwith

Don't listen to him, Conne. It's our destiny!

Besides this being you two youts destiny, there is a big difference between the ponies at his present school and the ponies in Colombus.

12. kwilkinson

And probably many differences between Columbus and my community college.

But together, we shall be strong.

13. Beckwith

I wish the two of you luck!

14. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I've been accepted into The OSU for Spring '09. Same department, actually.

..... Roomies?

kwilk, don't you live in Indiana? Why not IU or Purdue? OSU is a good school but...

15. kwilkinson

kwilk, don't you live in Indiana? Why not IU or Purdue? OSU is a good school but...

I live 30 minutes north of Purdue. That's the main reason for not going to Purdue [​IMG] . I think literally about 60% of my graduating class is at Purdue. Hell, my college right now is in the same town as Purdue and I see enough of them just driving to class. I was popular in high school, but I don't want college to be Tri-County High School: Redux.

IU, is my 3rd choice. When I graduated, I got accepted into Notre Dame, but I foolishly didn't take that opportunity. IMO, The OSU is a better school for PoliSci/History than IU, and I'm not willing to forego the opportunity at a better school again. I was also thinking Univ. of Indy. I work for a trucking company right now and if I go to UIndy, I could still work at the terminals in Indy and then I could also live with my girlfriend.

16. Beckwith

I live 30 minutes north of Purdue. That's the main reason for not going to Purdue [​IMG] . I think literally about 60% of my graduating class is at Purdue. Hell, my college right now is in the same town as Purdue and I see enough of them just driving to class. I was popular in high school, but I don't want college to be Tri-County High School: Redux.

IU, is my 3rd choice. When I graduated, I got accepted into Notre Dame, but I foolishly didn't take that opportunity. IMO, The OSU is a better school for PoliSci/History than IU, and I'm not willing to forego the opportunity at a better school again. I was also thinking Univ. of Indy. I work for a trucking company right now and if I go to UIndy, I could still work at the terminals in Indy and then I could also live with my girlfriend.

Not so foolishly, you would have been praying to the "Need a Football Team Jesus" instead of the "Touchdown Jesus", not sure which has been easier the past year.

17. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

OSU will provide greater long-term benefit than UofIndy. All the best...

18. Connemara

OSU will provide greater long-term benefit than UofIndy. All the best...
    It's tough to beat an alumni network of 400,000. I'm frequently told by people from all walks of life that the best bets for connections (aside from Ivy League caliber schools) are the large, good-quality public schools. I'm talking OSU, Michigan, Virginia, UFlorida, UMaryland, etc.

19. Connemara

IMO Notre Dame is one of the most overrated private colleges in the country.

20. kwilkinson

IMO Notre Dame is one of the most overrated private colleges in the country.

Ehh, overrated or not, it's still a great school. And I took it as a great honor to even be accepted.