1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Lulu tells me my score is very good.

2. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I like the orange line (and I especially like walking on the bouncy treadmill-style moving walkway that leads to it). I usually cab it out of O'Hare, but opt for the Orange when I am flying through MDW.

And unlike NYC, Chicago has managed to run easily accessible public transit to both of its airports.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Lulu keeps telling me that people are checking me out (or have "favorited" me) but I don't know who these people are...nobody I actually know uses Lulu, and when a female friend downloaded the app, nobody we knew closely had any reviews...which you would think they would if anyone we knew actually used the app.

4. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

It's much easier to get to Newark from NY than either of the NY airports but the orange line is all kinds of convenient.

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

How do I get on this lulu

6. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

Just signed up 0 reviews

7. otc

otc Well-Known Member

You can't really do much as a man.

I had the password to a fake female facebook profile that I created back in college...they saw right through that shit and wouldn't let it sign up.

8. edinatlanta

Sounds about right.

There are negative hotties at this SBux. (As in there are females but they are all so bad a few hotties still wouldn't get us much)

9. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Guys, the Army has approved new uniforms for 2015 and you know what think I should get back in for the fashuns.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

It's not about fashion it is about style two completely different things (captoe shoes).

1 person likes this.
  11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just a simpleton at heart what still rejoices of peek-a-boo games (where an object disappears but then appears again as if by magic but it's not really magic). Here's what I mean I enjoy songs that seem like they are winding down to a conclusion but then they come back a-rockin'. I'm thinking of "I Love it Loud" by KISS and "Frequency" by L.A. Guns.

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

My favourite peek-a-boo game happens between the sheets if you catch my Tokyo drift

13. edinatlanta

After a few dozen job apps were sent out with no response, I was worried that maybe I had missed a response in my spam filter. Well, imagine my relief when I discovered that there were no responses in my spam.

2 people like this.
  14. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Is it called "hide the wiener"?

15. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

For the first time in many years, all of my inboxes are showing zero unread emails, and I weeded through the worst mailbox and brought the archive down from over 20,000 to less than 500. A feeling of zen.

16. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Good job, I've been unsuccessfully trying to do the same thing for six months now

17. otc

otc Well-Known Member

1647 in my personal mail (and I think gmail excludes the promotions and social smart-folders from that...those are LOADED with unread mails).

849 in the work email.

I dunno...sometimes I have gone through periods where I keep my emails sorted...but when I get into a thick flow, it doesn't seem worth it. A lot of emails can be completely read (or at least read enough to know I don't care) in the subject line or preview...and if I am sitting at my computer, the little outlook pop up gives a good sentence or two...which is often enough to understand. Especially if the email is something like "Thanks, I will get started on this"

Doesn't seem worth my time to go back in and sort through these things...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  18. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Am I the only person who doesn't give a shit about having a full inbox?

As long as I don't have any unread emails, I'm good to go.

19. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

I try very hard to keep my inboxes fairly empty--I like to keep only things that require some action from me in them. Helps keep me focused.

You definitely have to stay on top of it, though.

20. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

This. I also ignore emails from the cto about reducing inbox size. How about you increase my inbox capacity, guy?