1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Installed a copy of Lightroom so I could play with raw files from my new camera. After doing this, it asked me if I wanted to convert the previous lightroom library that it found. I said yes and it imported photos from ~5-6 years ago when I last used the software...the last set of which included a bunch of pictures my buddy took.

Of course my friend had been playing with my zoom lens...and managed to take some fantastic pictures of one of my old girlfriend's awesome boobs (and no, this is not one of those "my friend" stories: I am in several of the shots...and there are several of my ass and a handful of weird shots of random fat dudes from across the park).

The memories of those things are making me happy.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

the thought of this guy blatantly wearing sweat pants to formal events is filing me with joy.

More than Sweat Pants
    April 18, 2014
    by Jerseyknitman
    East Coast

This may be hard for some to believe: but in Black, these pants function for me for all occasions, including 1) in house, 2) casual run about, 3) dress up with a blazer of nearly matching texture and sheen (with a pocket handkerchief), and 4) remarkably for black tie events. I've been at this for what seems to be 8 years. I've told a few people about this, who - when I expose the hidden drawstrings - are uniformly floored. The trick is to use the unwashed pairs for dress up or formal, Suspenders absolutely complete the illusion that these are dress pants. They can be used in this way through about three washings, and probably unlimited dry cleanings. When they start to lose the dark blackness a bit, they are retired into play and work pants. I have a high public profile as a performer and speaker. There is never a hint that others know these are sweatpants. But I know that I live life in a comfort equivalent to tailored pajamas for all occasions. Finally, for the past 8 years I've had pants that are nearly perfect. Yes, the seat is a little large (except on repeat washings). Of course, your fit is going to be yours. To be clear these would also be great for the housebound elderly. But, that is not me. If you try the experiment you may be amazed - even if you are a socially conscious dresser.

1 person likes this.
  3. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

finally got to take a long break from work last week.

[​IMG]

and now back to sf....

2 people like this.
  4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Betimes I get to thinking that "I'll Be There" by L.A. Guns is the greatest rock and roll song of all times. Yes it is true, I do get to thinking that.

1 person likes this.
  5. John75

John75 Active Member

Going to Paris this weekend, then to Normandy... looking forward to it and also the weather will be amazing! Also, its a long weekend, Monday is a bank Holiday.... things couldn't get much better... except that the work week is a bit too long!

6. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Women who wear skirts where the hem is so narrow that it forces them to walk all sassy like.

1 person likes this.
  7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

i remember when the LA guns lead singer made a cameo on Melrose Place. (it was a plot that involved scamming ignorant rich people/lead singers of rock bands into buying hastily made "art" by fake-artist but aesthetically pleasing melrose place characters).

it taught my preteen self at the time a lot about what "selling out", "being LA", and "art" was and extremely afraid to ever move to los angeles.

1 person likes this.
  8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Seeing that actually makes me mad.

1 person likes this.
  9. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Have a great time there..

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

I am a little disappointed in my fellow SF'ers. Otc, you know what needs to happen here.

1 person likes this.
  11. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

The adversary in one of my cases is trying to avoid the e-filing requirement because he claims he has no email address and therefore he cannot sign up.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I ain't gonna post that shit. Maybe some PMs could be arranged when I get home though...

1 person likes this.
  13. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

15. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

well, OTC is busy getting the exgf boob PM's ready

16. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Read this earlier today. The 25% national rule seems a bit silly but it shouldn't be hard for Larry to drum up some American trimmers. As long as Spithill and Ainslie are still on board OTUSA should be okay.

I'm more interested in the design rules. I read a few weeks ago that they are going with a one design wing, which was the biggest difference in the 72s. OTUSA went with a wing where they could depower the top (which is really the foundation of main trim) and the Kiwis did not.

I will start getting excited about this as soon as Ryan Breymaier gets to Barcelona in 1st place.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  17. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Now you're just making me sound creepy (and raising your expectations a bit high I should think). I'll have you know that less zoomed photos from the same set are happily posted on facebook in some dusty old album for all to see...

18. patrickBOOTH

Holy shit, my company just lifted the blocking of Gmail, Youtube, and Facebook on work computers. This is bullshit, I am not down with such progressive policies.

19. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

It is not a progressive policy.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. patrickBOOTH

Yeah, I bet they are going to monitor it and bust balls about how long people are on it.