1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Lulz. Like I ever go there.

Piob doesn't drive a car.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

Music was an odd thing in my house growing up. Sunday mornings were the only time that you could count that the radio would be on. Even then the only thing permitted was bluegrass gospel. My parents had acquired a good deal of records prior to my brother and I being born, but they were rarely played. I do recall that the turntable was supposed to be bad and needed to be fixed. Once it was "fixed," then the tunes began to flow a bit more. My first memory of Waylon and Willie was from Urban Chipmunk or the Dukes of Hazzard. Haha... My love for Outlaw Country Music was sealed from that point forward.

In fact, at my wedding we had a local band in Savannah play the ceremony and cocktail hour. For the recessional, the debate was whether to play one of the following songs:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Mike Ness version ftw.

It adds some edge to the original beta-ish version.

4. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Just remembered this, I saw a girl wearing a plunging neckline this morning. God bless young women who are willing to withstand sub 20 temperatures to bear their breasts for the world.

2 people like this.
  5. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

There was a good bit of music in my home as a kid. My grandfather was a working pedal steel player, so my dad grew up around music. As a result, my dad also played, though only as a hobby, and during the times I was around him there was a fair bit of music (I have very, very early memories of my dad sitting and playing guitar with friends). My mom was also pretty into music, so it was there even when my dad wasn't.

I probably wasn't exposed to it quite as much as my son has and will be, but it was definitely around.

The Dukes of Hazzard definitely featured prominently in my earliest years. I was going to say it was probably my first exposure to Waylon and Outlaw Country, but my dad's a pretty big fan of the genre, so maybe not.

Which did you pick?

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

79 and sunny :drool:

HRoi is a lucky sunuvabutch to live in such weather all day errday

7. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

8. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

Getting an unexpected dividend from a bankrupt stock the day before going to the Shop The Finest warehouse.

3 people like this.
  9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

It gets a little tiresome in the summer tho

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Your city's drivers suck and so do the traffic lights. They last as long as conne does in bed with a fat chick.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I made 100 (one hundred) posts already today it's only 5:46. I will be at the top of the list tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Ft. Lauderdale is #1 on the list of US cities with the most traffic fatalities. You can look it up

1 person likes this.
  13. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

My dog for some reason likes to use to the ramp next to the stairs getting up from basements etc., which was fine when he was a puppy and he could get up and no problem, 8kg and couple years older he can barely get 20cm up the ramp without sliding back down.

This results in him taking 5 steps back and looking at me like I have buttered it up, so he can't get up, which leads to a L'Incandescent type discussion between him and I.

1 person likes this.
  14. L'Incandescent

15. L'Incandescent

Conversation (convo) I overheard today:

A: My buns won an award they are champions!
    B: Your buns didn't win no award they did not even compete.
    A: They sure as hell did hey how did I get this medallion if they didn't compete?
    B: You had that medallion struck on your own authority and you know it!

16. why

why Well-Known Member

Cuz of all the old people who kick it driving.

17. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Made homemade soft pretzels yesterday. Wife had the day off, and I came home to homemade French bread, beef stew, raspberry sorbet, and angel food cake today. The KitchenAid mixer is the gift that keeps on giving.

3 people like this.
  18. why

why Well-Known Member

LOL.

Not trying to dog you personally, but this cracks me up. A fucking electric mixer all of a sudden empowers and inspires someone to make things readily-made with bare hands or the most basic kitchen utensils? Tell us what she makes for you a month from now.

Is she Betty Crocker's daughter or something?

Just the mentality that a man would be grateful his wife made him something after he spent hundreds of dollars on an unnecessary contraption is so fucked, weird, and ridiculous that I can't help but laugh at it.

Edit: and the things that were made makes it even funnier. 'Wow, French bread and genuine soft pretzels!' LOL.

1 person likes this.
  19. L'Incandescent

She could have prepared the same foods with a somewhat greater investment of effort, but apparently didn't. She decided it was more worth her while to do it once the tasks crossed a certain threshold of convenience. Somehow I fail to see what is worthy of mockery in this scenario.

4 people like this.
  20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

:puzzled: