1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I'm sure your cubicle is elegantly appointed GF.

I joined my local food co-op today. Probably going to work 3 hrs/week. The discount is awesome, but even moar awesome is the new pool of hippie poon I will be wading through.

1 person likes this.
  2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

3. Teacher

Teacher Well-Known Member

Does it make you feel high? It makes me feel high.

4. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I think that's the herb brah.

1 person likes this.
  5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

hahaha Troy Aikman didn't know what to do with the Papa John's Mega Chocolate Chip Cookie asked if he should dip it into the garlic sauce (such as you'd do with a Papa John's pizza, of which he was more familiar with).

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Better ingredients. Better pizza.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Pigging out on Thai food.

Crab fried rice, tom yum soup, tom kha soup, sweet sticky rice with custard, and washing that all down with a thai iced tea.

:inlove:

8. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Thanks!

More than 8 than than 20.

--

Had an awesome amazing time at the SF NYC Trunk Show. :slayer:

9. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

joined a mountain bike race yesterday. its actually my first mountain bike race. its a pretty tame race by mountain bike race standards, but I just wanna gauge how I fare with other bikers and I pretty much finished within the time frame I was hoping for, and seeing myself pass over a lot of younger and healthier looking bikers specially on the hill climbs made me realize this 40 something fat ass isn't doing bad. :)

also, on a serious note: was looking at the tally of how much foreign aid the philippines got since the super storm hit, and realizing how much money and help this country got from its friends really hits a nerve. after seeing so much heartbreak from the first few days after the storm its awesome how the rest of the world seemed to pull together and mobilized their people and sent money and relief goods (specially medicine) and doctors and soldiers to help this small bunch of islands down south of us. people here and outside are at awe how the people in tacloban and samar and all seems to be pulling themselves up after having their lives and families literally swept off them, but what is missing in the stories are how american servicemen, doctors from medicin sans frontieres, disaster experts from australia and japan, teams from england and the rest of europe, etc... have on a few days notice just landed here and gave the people not only what they needed but also the hope that they will survive this. fuck yeah! :slayer:

4 people like this.
  10. L'Incandescent

Today I was honored by the City of St. Louis for my acts. The mayor said "If we had 850,000 Lincadessens, St. Louis would be restored to its former glory!" But then the Deputy Mayor chimed in "Well a lot of the Lincadessens would have to be female otherwise everyone would have to leave the city to make whoopee hehehe!!!" And then an alderman said "Also some of the Lincadessens should be Black, some Latino/a, some Asian, some Jewish etc. so's we don't have errone the same!"

Finally, one of the officials (don't know which one) said "It would be shitty to have a city full of Lincadessens! But don't worry, we ain't taking back your award of commendation!"

5 people like this.
  11. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Ireland never kicked in second gear..

Great game from the Aussies and good strong scrum..

12. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Well-Known Member

Just got an e-mail from a pretty distinguished professor in my field inviting me to apply for a position in his department at a major research university (although certainly not Ivy League or in that caliber). Probably not going to do it since I have no desire to move to that particular location, but at the very least, it's flattering. Might even be able to get a rare and elusive bonus from my current employer if I don't apply, but that's a long shot.

2 people like this.
  13. L'Incandescent

14. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Congrats..:slayer:

15. erictheobscure

Thanks dudes. Not 100% sure what my course of action will be.

16. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

^ Back then hoes didn't want you. Now you're hot, hoes all on you.

3 people like this.
  17. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

the venus fly trap i have in my office just caught a bug while i was watching.

fuck yeah.

4 people like this.
  18. erictheobscure

I bought at least two of those fuckers growing up and they would never eat any bugs. Even when I dropped ants into their stupid open jaws, they did nothing. And then they just withered and died.

If what you say is true, I am bitter.

1 person likes this.
  19. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

the bug was in the soil, and watering the plant kind of woke the bug up. I put the lid top on so the bug wouldn't escape, and it landed on the side of one of the flowers before crawling right across the trap zone.

fuck yeah.

20. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I had one as a kid and remember you could trigger its mouth closing with a toothpick.