1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I feel like pB and L'inc are gonna hook up someday.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I did receive a compliment on my Leonard Paris tie (which is not fictional but true). The person said "I love your tie! Are those poppies? Oh no, they are roses!"

4. GreenFrog

At the risk of sounding completely douchey, compliments on my attire do not make me feel as elated anymore because.. well.. I know I'm dressed well already.

Does anyone else feel this way, too?

5. L'Incandescent

I know what you mean. I appreciate the compliments not because I am happy to know that a person judged me well. I am confident in my ability to dress well, and so I don't typically need reinforcement from others. But it does make me happy that a person would go out of her way to say something kind to me. In other words, it's not so much the content of the judgment that makes me happy as the gesture itself.

1 person likes this.
  6. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Nah. I still like the compliments. It's nice to have it acknowledged, even if I'm pretty sure I've chosen well.

I had one day recently where I got a couple of compliments back to back, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me feel good. They were especially nice because it wasn't someone I knew, or even talked to. On two different elevator rides, women on each looked me over and said something along the lines of, "wow, you are really well dressed." Definitely made me feel :bigstar:.

This is a nice way to think of it, as well. I like that logic.

1 person likes this.
  7. GreenFrog

i think what would really make me feel amazing is if a hot, stylish milf complimented my outfit.

mmmmmmmm....:bigstar:

8. Patek

Patek Well-Known Member

Nailed a three-hour interview with JP Morgan Chase today. I'm expecting an offer to be forthcoming.

What isn't making me happy is that I am helping a very well-to-do friend get a new VC off the ground. He wants me to work for him and have an equity state in the company but that won't happen until the funding is in place--probably in January. He offered to pay me out of pocket till then, but that just feels weird. I have just spent most of my money purchasing a house and moving. I have bills and I am recently married so I need some sort of income till January. I would love to work for my friend and have the personal mentorship that he would offer but I also need a reasonable income...

9. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

Having a blast in PDX revisiting old stomping grounds (Mary's Club, Paddy's, The Lutz) at night and meeting customers for a few hours during the day.

Only a few of my friends here are retired, all at the typical age.

1 person likes this.
  10. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

I will be hanging out with Dr. Demento in a few minutes.

11. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

I haven't had time to do some chores and stuff lately, and yesterday afternoon I had a couple of hours to spare so I was finally able to buy new socks and underwear from uniqlo and even had time to pass by the grocery and get myself a couple of bottles of chinese chili bamboo shoots which i like to mix with my scrambled eggs. so today I'm happy I have new socks and u/w and bamboo shoots.

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

^don't they actually make some socks out of bamboo fibers?

13. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

^ not sure if uniqlo made those but I saw some in the past... I am a fan of their airism line of u/w (except that the fabric has a sheen)... they're supposed to minimize the swamp ass phenomenon.

14. L'Incandescent

It was the middle of the 1980s--1986, I think--that the cereal called Oh!s came onto the market. I remember it being quite a big deal (always been a cereal aficionado). Well, I bought a couple of boxes of Oh!s just the other day and I realized that their logo has remained unchanged the whole time. The cereal itself, which once seemed so new, opening up a world of cereal possibilities, now comes off as a bit dated, sort of like Drakkar Noir in the world of fragrance. Still, I've been happy to renew acquaintances with Oh!s recently.

1 person likes this.
  15. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

getting my bank card today, which means the end of ridiculous ATM fees.

16. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

What did I miss.

Emo bitch.

Your parents are so proud of their "adult" "son".

I know you guys are probably trying to get some separation from the work world but seriously... if you have any new smartphones, just use those. Almost every pro photog I talk to (a large number) says they don't even use PS cameras anymore. Its DSLR or phone.

I'm doing that to her too!

They need fresh water and stems trimmed an inch.

Why start now?

My practice GMAT scores have all been above the average admit score for the school I'm applying to.

17. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

just as an fyi... the Olympics is the biggest event for a sports photographer. And this guy did it all with his iPhone.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/jul/27/london-olympics-2012-smartphone?fb=native

18. L'Incandescent

I have adopted the strategy of preemption with regard to the classical pronunciation of Latin. When I hear someone using the classical pronunciation, I condescendingly interrupt them to say such as "Umm excuse me, that's a soft g." Why do I do that? Because I know with near perfect certainty that the person who uses the classical pronunciation would have condescendingly "corrected" my ecclesiastical pronunciation, and so I just beat him to the punch. Makes me feel good to accomplish that deed.

19. RedLantern

RedLantern Well-Known Member

. .

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  20. RedLantern

RedLantern Well-Known Member

The Acropolis? :embar: