1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

The fucked up thing about me is, even if I could go to bed at 8:30 I wouldn't. I'd stay up dicking around doing nothing until late.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

FTFY

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Same. I'm a night owl.

4. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

You need professional sports in your life.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

6. patrickBOOTH

Like I need a hole in the head...

I was on the elevator to my floor at work last Monday morning and I was tired as shit (half hung over from drinking and listening to a Jazz band) and this guy gets on and says, "Ah man, you stayed up to finish watching the game too?" I made him feel really awkward when I had no idea what he was talking about.

7. patrickBOOTH

I will be getting home very late tonight due to some stuff and I won't have time to eat my giant one meal at the end of the day. I brought munchies with me to work to munch through the day and I already ate like half of my stash.

8. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

this is what i do literally every night of my life. staying up late for no real reason besides pushing off going to bed, searching for some asinine form of distraction to stay awake.

9. patrickBOOTH

I know, I am like a child, don't want to go to bed. Unlike a child I can't get up at the crack of dawn with this unfound energy.

1 person likes this.
  10. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

It definitely takes a while to transition to waking up early. I still struggle with it sometimes (like this morning). Still, I do love actually being up early, and the actual getting out of bed is always the worst part--once I'm up, I'm always glad that I got up.

11. patrickBOOTH

People say you get used to it, but I don't think you do. It's got to be in you. I wake up early every day and feel like I am being revived with paddles. My father on the other hand loves to brag about waking up at 4am every day for no reason.

12. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

i brag about being up until 2 AM every day for no reason

13. in stitches

its no fair, right?

but really, most kids get 9-12 hours of sleep. the want to go to bed late, but they get good sleep, hence the insane AM energy.

i do get up early sometimes, and once i get over the hump, its a great feeling. but imo, and ime, the only way to get used to it, is to go bed earlier 99% of the time. and even then its a bitch get out of bed early, even when i am reasonably well rested. ymmv.

14. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

It's easy to get up early if you can really adjust your schedule. I think that is really hard to do though. When I was overseas I was asleep by 9 and up by 4 everyday no problem. On off days I was able to sleep in until 5 or 6 but no later. But that was unique in that there was no pressure from anywhere to stay up.

15. in stitches

well yes, because you were getting 7+ hours of sleep. like you said tho, if you are in the habit of going to bed late, its really hard to adjust that longterm.

16. patrickBOOTH

I find that if I have nothing to do the next day irregardless of how much sleep I get I still can't get up. I just love laying in bed even if I'm almost forcing myself to lay there.

1 person likes this.
  17. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Playing Wii Sports golf with wife, sister in law, and sister in laws fiance. My wife doesn't drink, and the other two are religious non-drinkers. I, on the other hand, am drinking about a beer a round. When you are the oldest in Korea, there is no shame.

Actually, sister in law is older than wife, though younger than me. Still, technically she's my older sister. And therefore her fiancee, also younger than me, is technically going to be my older brother in law. But technically I don't care. Beer. And I'm oldest. And hosting.

18. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

It turned hard when we started going out at 2 which meant up at 1. Good thing I had enough Ambien to get through that month!

19. patrickBOOTH

My girlfriend is on this big anti-drinking kick and it is really fucking aggravating. She is constantly rubbing it in and making cases against not drinking and how great it feels. :rolleyes:

20. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

more for you :slayer: