1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

The Corporation was the best.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

the fedex guy just dropped off my computer, a 2010 15" MBP, from repair this morning. I do live near a lot of applestores, but the mail-in option is so much more convenient and actually can be faster.

I recieved the mail-in box on Tuesday and sent it off on Tuesday afternoon and got it back Thursday morning. All the repairs, express overnight shipping both ways were free - the best part is not having to deal with the "Genius Bar" standing in line in a crowded NYC applestore, and wasting my time.

The battery was replaced, a screw on the under panel replaced, and a rubber foot replaced. Applecare was a good deal this time. The 3 year warranty ends in July so I may be selling it off. It was my first time with a 15" MBP (coming in from the old 12" and 13" versions) and I hated its bulkiness.

when it comes to dealing with warranty for an iPhone - its better to go to the applestore (because they can just replace the thing on the spot if necessary), but anything computer hardware related - just do the mail-in/fedex option if you're in the USA.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  3. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Lol, not exactly. But i dont feel like going into it.

Wedding was awesome, had a blast. :slayer:

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Aww shucks Neo, that's not me! That is a lady (which is suggested by various clues). Genevieve didn't know who she was either.

5. LawrenceMD

^?

[​IMG]

I'm getting linda blair vibes from the pic

6. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

fekkr ég mitt kennitala!!!

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

The more I hear about Gen, the more I like her.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

I figure you two weigh about the same.

9. L'Incandescent

I'll be honest, I would never have guessed that I'd be the best evaluator of feminine beauty on the whole Styleforum. And yet it's starting to look like I am. I expect Genevieve's judgments to be a little off, on account of she's a cat, but you guys don't have that excuse. (To the best of my knowledge, of course.)

@Pio: Genevieve weighs in at about 7.5 lb. Neo has to weigh more than that because otherwise he would not be able to wield the scalpel as well as he does.

10. LawrenceMD

^^
    linda blair......

- who was in the exorcist.

[​IMG]

also looks like the woman in the pic you provided before (without out horror movie make-up).

[​IMG]

you were asking who we thought the woman in the picture you provided was. I was making a hypothetical guess to it being linda blair.

11. L'Incandescent

Ahh, I thought you were comparing her unfavorably to linda blair's character in the movie. It's Pia Zadora, whose beauty many SF regulars were refusing to acknowledge a couple of pages ago. I was hoping the picture I attached would prove me right conclusively. I don't think it had the intended effect!

12. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

But she did know it wasn't you, right?

13. L'Incandescent

She thought it was Alvin!

14. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

(nerd happiness mode)
    I've been dicking around with this fiber optic setup all week, trying to optimize it. The problem is that there are way too many different things to adjust: gotta get the lens in the right place, the fiber in the right place. It's about 12 degrees of freedom to optimize and no good way to control several of them.

Today I found a little adapter widgit that removes five of those degrees and gives me good control over a sixth. Ought to make my job about 50x easier. Huzzah.
    (/nerd happiness mode)

15. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

i few weeks ago at my evaluation my boss asked me what kind of pay increase i thought would be commensurate with my work, i gave him a figure....

....and i have just been informed i will be getting what i asked for. :slayer:

i am very happy indeed.

16. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

You should have asked for more :nest:

17. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

:slayer:

18. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Congrats! And as gdl pointed out, you didn't ask for enough.

19. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

I didn't like his second one, but I love the first one -- building it off Viva La Vida (one of, if not my all-time, favorite songs) was brilliant and worked perfectly. I didn't like the second one so much because he used really long phrases from the songs. It's also why I really like his latest one -- he uses < 1second audio from songs in most places, and blends them together perfectly.

That said, I haven't explored his other music -- I'll have to do so. I only know about his billboard mixes. Any ones you'd recommend beyond the one you linked?

20. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

+1