1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Well-Known Member

Fun-filled weekend with graduation Saturday morning followed by a few grad parties. Followed by my own party Sunday. Received plenty of money; all unnecessary but I appreciate the generosity of everyone. It makes me want to give back myself.

2. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Reykjavik... 9.3 hours of sunlight in December. Total. Not per day....

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

It has it's perks with short summer girls go all out with the summer dress, when they can. :cool:
    The Weather forecast has a how many hours the day has gotten longer, just to make people feel better.
    Maybe compared to the US, but it's not that much more expensive than the rest of europe (beer etc. is clearly expensive as **** in Sweden and Norway)
    Copenhagen is dirty, compared to pretty everywhere else, I don't know if they clean the streets with dirt or people are swine, but it's dirty here. (My "white" dog has greyish black paws when he has been in the city center).
    Sounds way to familiar, the last couple work trips I've had, I've been back home 14 hours later.

A little further north and you wont see the sun until march.

4. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

Flight arrived one hour early ! :D

5. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

got some good leads today :slayer:

6. Fine Young Gentleman

Fine Young Gentleman Member

The possibility of grenadine braces and wearing a silk knit tie. Now I just need to wear both at the same time... Synergy.

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

8. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Do you remember people takling about losers posting pictures of their average food dish?

9. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

honestly there are trips like that, too. but I try really hard to lock in excersize now, so I set aside some specific time to run around outside. actually today I also biked - I was going to go downtown for lunch and decided it was just as easy/cheap to rent a bike and ride downtown as it was to take a taxi.

next 3 days I won't see very much - thursday I'm at the amsterdamn airport and I don't think that I will even make it out of the airport

10. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Had a meeting with HR today for what is technically supposed to be my orientation for my new position (a few months late but not really necessary since I came from within).

Turns out I get 5 more PTO/vacation days than I thought I did :slayer: Somehow, when they slot this position into the parent company's hierarchy, I am considered a director (otherwise I think I was a year or two away from getting those extra days)

11. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

7 minutes left until my last day of work before heading to Rome tomorrow morning :slayer:

12. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Good. I hope they turn into big deals for you.

13. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I also plan for exercise when I travel. It's a great way to relieve stress, not to mention to be active after often hours of sitting and heavy meals.

14. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

most excellent news boys! :slayer::slayer:

thanks man, me too. :fistbump:

15. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

so over the summer im working as a supervisor for a program at my university. what that means is that im on campus 60 hours a week 'overseeing' my staff, but i have a lot of down time. worked 11 to 6 today and got lunch and dinner and went to the gym while people below me were working.

16. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Wait, that should not make you happy. It should make you feel overwhelmed by guilt (which is not a happy feeling, but rather an unhappy one.) But I guess we don't have a "What's Making You Feel Guilty?" thread.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  17. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

Car insurance dropped from150 to 80 a month. hell yeah

1 person likes this.
  18. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

Took one of my employees with me to an open forge tonight. He's already a favorite, but he took to it like a duck to whatever the fuck ducks take to. He's a good employee, and I suspect will make a good friend. We both had fun, and he made some pretty good looking shit for a n00b.

Dinner tonight is homemade sambar, Moscato to drink, and Ghost Pepper Mexican hot chocolate for desert. Watching madmen, and not having to wear pants really kinda round the night out.

Tomorrow (weather permitting) will be another hike and picnic with some friends, if not, we'll have to have our Manchego-style goat cheese, wine/beer, and pink lady apples somewhere a bit drier, but good company, good cheese and good cheer all lead to a happy liam on his day off.

So what's making me happy? damn near everything.

19. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've mentioned this somewhere, Liam, but when you say "my employees," do you mean that you're their manager? Or are you one of the owners?

20. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

Just the GM. I feel equally weird saying coworker, but except for one of the current staff they're all my hires. Employees sounds kind of imperial to me, but since my job is mostly handling orders, scheduling and figuring out what brands and lines to carry, and they're all largely self sufficient, it kinda cancels out the fact I sound like I'm on a power trip.