1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

he's egyptian - the issue was, actually, that the "standard" hot dog is pork beef mix, and that he had ordered two all beef hotdogs, which required a special order. and that took 8 minutes instead of 5. but the issue was he was yelling like a fucking banshee in the cafeteria, which makes me look bad

2. SField

SField Well-Known Member

Actually that isn't usually the cause of constipation when travelling. It's dehydration... people tend to drink far less water. Down a liter of water then eat something with a bit of fat in it... you'll shit happily an hour later.

3. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Vacation is over tomorrow. :(

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

How long was your vacation?

5. Connemara

Took MTW of this week off.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

That is sad. :(

7. King Solomon

King Solomon Well-Known Member

Too much time off wears on one's motivation to work.

Quote: Proverbs 10:5

8. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Well-Known Member

+1 Lesson definitely learned after this past nightmare of a trip. Problem is I constantly drink water during the day and if I have to go, it's no problem. I was stuck with a window seat so everytime I had to go it meant waking up three people and struggling to get past em twice. :fu: Plus the change of diet for a couple days also really messes with you. Guess I'll just have to sack up and pay for the outrageously expensive fruits/salads by the terminal.

Lastly, I don't even plan on eating breakfast food (eggs and sausage) on a plane ever again. :uhoh:

9. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Well-Known Member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    I've been feeling very stressed/anxious lately and I think it's linked to the amount of coffee I've been drinking which means I have to limit my intake now :(

That is going to put a serious hitch in my morning routine

10. mr.orange

mr.orange Well-Known Member

^^^ drink more water and when you eat breakfast, make sure to eat plenty of protein. I'm also decreasing teh amount of coffee/caffeine I consume and am having no trouble with the adjustment. yeah sometimes I miss drinking a hot beverage in the morning but I don't want to get used to having to drink something w/ caffeine in it to feel giddy in the morning.

11. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Well-Known Member

Drink tea!

Black tea has half the caffeine as coffee and moreover the caffeine (I can't really be bothered to quote the science now) in Tea combined with other factors interacts differently with the body in that it provides a more sustained pick me up. As opposed to coffee which is an onslaught.

12. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

there is a dunkin donuts next door to where i work that i go to often. ive noticed one of the girls that works there is always looking at the groung and seems very nervous. i never really thought too much about it. today i went in and she had a real bad black eye. the kind one might get from a puch in the face. i think i may know now why she seems so sad and defeated. pisses me off so bad.

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Stories like this are the reason I sometimes wouldn't mind vigilantes...

as long as their moral compass was equivalent to Bruce Wayne's.

Had a similar situation a few months ago - a friend of my wife's was date-raped in her home by a guy she'd gone out with a few times. And the chick actually tried going to to work the next day without doing anything about it. She told my wife, who told me after work that day. I was completely up in arms and ready to take a baseball bat to the guy's face, but my wife's friend said she'd call the police in "her time" as she felt ready for it - felt that by telling she was disgracing herself and her family, etc. Weird reasons that only a woman could fathom for not immediately castrating the dude.

That brought my wife and I into a heated discussion about the nature of rape, but that's a different story.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  14. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Well-Known Member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...

Yeah but...tea isn't coffee :(

15. Connemara

I am really happy to be moving out, but the associated costs have made me absolutely cash poor. I'm prepared to live frugally, but it's irritating.

16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I don't like that the forum automatically gives people such "nice" avatars.

I definitely look at avatars more than usernames and if somebody has some really nice shoes or something, I assume they at least might have been around here for a while...

now all of the spammers have one of the default avatars which makes them look like people actually interested in fancy suits...

17. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Same here man, really looking forward to moving, but punching numbers, exchange rates - really depressing in this global economy.

A hypothetical budget:
    700,000Y is $10,000 - holy fuck.
    rent is 300,000Y/month, leaves 400,000Y/month for food and bills, and whatever can be saved.
    400,000Y/31 = 12,903Y per day = 12,903/2= 6,451Y per person, per day - to include bills and taxes....

6541Y per day is not a lot in Japan. =\ Buck for buck that is like having forty-fifty New York dollars to spend... =(

18. Connemara

Yeah, that is definitely rough. For me, I think the day to day/month to month living is doable...the bigger problem is the moving costs I've incurred. Just bought a bed, all told it cost me over $600. Add in a security deposit, first month's rent, all the knick knacks you need for a new apartment, and I'll be paying this shit off for a couple of months. :(

19. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

I just realized this too... Saw someone asking a dumb question and figured he knew what he was talking about with such sexy shoes in the avatar... oops!

20. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

I hear ya... had to even buy a fridge. So much for starting to pay off my bills right away.