1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

..or Sam and Diane - once those two got together, they had to write Diane out of the show. For that matter, how about Luke and Lorelei? Star-crossed and meant to be together, but never to be.

Did GG end with Luke and Lorelei together or not? Didn't Rory end up with no man and going to Princeton Law?

2. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Did GG end with Luke and Lorelei together or not? Didn't Rory end up with no man and going to Princeton Law?

You know, I stopped watching after Lorelei married Christoper, but I did catch some of the last episode. When the Palladinos stopped writing, the snappy dialog fell flat, which was a large part of the charm. Anyway, Luke and Lorelei were thawing at the end but weren't officially together, and Rory left the blond guy. I didn't know about Princeton Law, though - was Conne on the show? I totally see him as Kirk.

3. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Let's talk about The Hills!!!!!

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

I think Virgin 7 jumped the shark when you wanted us to believe Jamie was a girl. There are certain plot tensions that should never get resolved, like Carrie finally marrying Big.

I will +1 this.

If Neo would have taken the time to slowly morph instead of turning on a dime I would still enjoy his character. I no longer read the garbage he writes.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Just received another job rejection..

Looks like I'm actually going to be unemployed upon graduation..

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

I will +1 this.

If Neo would have taken the time to slowly morph instead of turning on a dime I would still enjoy his character. I no longer read the garbage he writes.

If this wasn't coming from a second-rate Hoss, I'd actually be offended.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

If this wasn't coming from a second-rate Hoss, I'd actually be offended.

Bhowie is good ppl. Hoss is the scum bacteria that cleans up fish shit.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

I have a major piss off: no drinking for a week. This ties with the other pisser: developed a cyst on my right shoulder blade over the weekend and had to have a quick I&D done. Yuck.

9. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

I have a major piss off: no drinking for a week. This ties with the other pisser: developed a cyst on my right shoulder blade over the weekend and had to have a quick I&D done. Yuck.

ouch on the cyst

double ouch on no drinking

10. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

some garbage juice leaked out of the bag and attracted ants. i cleaned the whole thing up but i have this sensation that ants are crawling all over me. *shudder*

11. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Just received another job rejection..

Looks like I'm actually going to be unemployed upon graduation..

Eh, some unemployment after graduation is not so bad...you've got the rest of your life to work.

I took the day off today (I had to leave at 4 or so but I decided to just take the whole day for fun) and riding my bike around at 10 in the morning gave me fond memories of the summer/fall of 2009 that I spent unemployed. I mean, I like having money and a future and all...but I was glad that I didn't dive right in a few weeks after graduation.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Eh, some unemployment after graduation is not so bad...you've got the rest of your life to work.

I took the day off today (I had to leave at 4 or so but I decided to just take the whole day for fun) and riding my bike around at 10 in the morning gave me fond memories of the summer/fall of 2009 that I spent unemployed. I mean, I like having money and a future and all...but I was glad that I didn't dive right in a few weeks after graduation.

It just really stung this time because I have directly relevant experience to this job I applied for. I was kind of confident that I would get an offer.. but alas.. no.

I've been through at least 15-20 interviews and around 7 or 8 final round interviews. Rejection after each and every one really sucks and gets discouraging.

That being said, I just applied to around 10-15 more firms today.. most of them through online job applications that probably never even get looked at.. but still.

Were you unemployed because you couldn't find a job either? Or was it a personal choice to have a break after college?

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

we left my 4 year old twins with a baby sitter for 24 hours, while we took a short trip with my son. the baby sitter is the 19 year old daughter of our ex-nanny. we had taken the girl with us on a week long vacation earlier this year, and she does a lot of babysitting for us. the set up was that the girl would stay with the kids the whole time, the mother would sleep over at our house, and the girl would walk the kids into pre-school in the morning and walk them back. simple.

anyway, after we get back, the girls tell us that the baby sitters took them in the car so that they (the baby sitters) could play a game of soccer with their league, and then took them to get mcdonalds. they weren't supposed to drive with the kids, because they don't have car seats, or good insurance, and I am not really sure about their driver's licenses.

the baby sitters didn't tell us this, as a matter of fact, they told us something totally diferent.

so, sure, hard to believe a 4 year old, but its also hard to believe that they could have made up so much detail, and also be able to tell details about ti when seperate.

now I am screwed - I really should fire the babysitter, but the kids like her, she does good work usually, etc. my wife is totally pissed off about this.

14. zeezee

zeezee Member

seeing justin biebers stupid face every where[​IMG]

15. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

zack, that is a shit situation. we had something vaguely similar - I think i mentioned in this thread my wife's SS card and passport disappeared one Friday after the cleaning ladies were over. They were in a ziplock bag on the dining room table and when we came home the ziplock was there but the items were missing. we've had these housekeepers for a few years and they've been very trustworthy - my wife has jewelry out all the time and there's never been any question. it's been a month or so and we've literally looked everywhere, searching every night, looking behind cabinets, everything. finally my wife had to call the boss woman last night and ask if there had been anyone "new" and explain the situation. She super-duper soft-pedaled it but the implications were obvious. It didn't really go anywhere - there was nobody new - and now the boss lady is pissed at us for accusing her girls of stealing and my wife is pissed her stuff is gone and there's really nothing that can be done. Also pissing me off today - wife's brakes were making noise, i was expecting to have to replace them this morning, but as usual got hit with the "your belts are dry-rotted and need replacing and also your brake fluid and transmission fluid are filthy and need replacing and you're overdue for an oil change" routine "but if you sign here i can have you in a loaner and on your way." [​IMG] there goes $1,500 two weeks before I close on my rehab financing.

16. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

we left my 4 year old twins with a baby sitter for 24 hours, while we took a short trip with my son....

the baby sitters didn't tell us this, as a matter of fact, they told us something totally diferent.

so, sure, hard to believe a 4 year old, but its also hard to believe that they could have made up so much detail, and also be able to tell details about ti when seperate.

now I am screwed - I really should fire the babysitter, but the kids like her, she does good work usually, etc. my wife is totally pissed off about this.

only because your kids like the girl and a good match is not always easy to find, i would sit the girls down and have a serious convo with them explaining what they did wrong. if you get the vibe they understand this serious lack of judgment and trust them not to do it again i would give them a second chance, but be keeping careful watch over the situation.

if however, you get the vibe that they are just another self absorbed, roll the eyes"whateveeer" type teenager i thinks they need the boot. for the sake of your kids safety

btw, ive noticed a lot lately it seems people respond to threads without reading anything posted before them in that very thread, even on page a 1 or 2 of a thread. it irks the hell out of me.

17. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

zack, that is a shit situation.

we had something vaguely similar - I think i mentioned in this thread my wife's SS card and passport disappeared one Friday after the cleaning ladies were over. They were in a ziplock bag on the dining room table and when we came home the ziplock was there but the items were missing. we've had these housekeepers for a few years and they've been very trustworthy - my wife has jewelry out all the time and there's never been any question. it's been a month or so and we've literally looked everywhere, searching every night, looking behind cabinets, everything. finally my wife had to call the boss woman last night and ask if there had been anyone "new" and explain the situation. She super-duper soft-pedaled it but the implications were obvious. It didn't really go anywhere - there was nobody new - and now the boss lady is pissed at us for accusing her girls of stealing and my wife is pissed her stuff is gone and there's really nothing that can be done.

Also pissing me off today - wife's brakes were making noise, i was expecting to have to replace them this morning, but as usual got hit with the "your belts are dry-rotted and need replacing and also your brake fluid and transmission fluid are filthy and need replacing and you're overdue for an oil change" routine "but if you sign here i can have you in a loaner and on your way."

[​IMG] there goes $1,500 two weeks before I close on my rehab financing.

Ouch that sucks.

But you'll be glad you changed the belt. The belt on my wife's wagon fell apart as I had both kids in the car and holy hell you'd have thought the world was ending. The car went into limp mode and lost the power steering completely, which would have made it impossible for the mrs. to drive. That was a rough afternoon.

18. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

not really a pisser, but I just saw where someone I know and respect is in the hole with the IRS. A deep, deep hole.

19. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

having an exam on the last day [​IMG] everyone is out enjoying their last night of freshman year and I'm...studying philosophy.

20. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

I'm...studying philosophy.

That's a good thing, seriously.

And I technically wasn't a philosophy major.