1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I just fired Deloitte from a project, so maybe that will help.

3 people like this.
  2. VaderDave

VaderDave Well-Known Member

I have a lot of clients who work for the state of CA. It seems like none of them like working with Deloitte either.

3. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Well-Known Member

hey could you PM me the details about this new opening in procurement at ontario power?

kthx

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

You would make a stellar Canadian.

1 person likes this.
  5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I figure Deloitte is like any big firm, they have folks who are great and folks who aren't. Although with all those firms the overhead and billing expectations create some bias toward inefficiency and bloat in the approach to projects.

6. SirReveller

SirReveller Well-Known Member

LOL. Pio, good on ya for staying on top of GWN CE! ...h/e my friends are rude and crude but not that level of retardation.

...also: "major league *soccer*"? Pio..you hurt me.
    Hahaha

7. SirReveller

Go cook some Peruvian seafood quiveche and take a photo Eric.

8. SirReveller

Ya menz, Deloitte may end up being Toilet & Brush for him, we'll see; my only point was that from what I've observed even if you have it ultimo cush at the Gov it can still sap your soul.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

My barista isn't working today. :(

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Stay strong, pB.

1 person likes this.
  11. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

A new family is renting a house on our block. They have a kid who is probably special needs. He just came into my garage while I was outside working and wouldn't stay off my driveway.

12. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Oh yeah. Been there. I've also gotten rejection letters weeks after the hiring manager contacted me to let me know I didn't get the job. HR is bad on its own, but government + HR = next-level ridiculous.

One day, when I have time, I'll start a thread like FLMM's "Pat" thread and talk about the ridiculous stuff I've seen, often from HR. My favorite one that doesn't require much background is the story a boss once told me about how HR wouldn't let him fire someone who'd faked cancer.

I know I'll eventually get a response from some of these places, but, yeah, it's pretty terrible in the interim.

On the bright side, I was at a neighborhood thing with my kids this morning, and we were making idle chit chat with a someone there who mentioned she works at a company I've been eyeing. I asked how she likes it and told her it was on my radar. Over the course of the conversation she said she's in HR, and I should send her a resume. She handed me a business card, which I pocketed without really looking. When I took it out of my wallet later, I noticed that she's a VP of HR! :slayer:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  13. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Weird. A family with a special needs kid just moved out of my cul-de-sac this week.

14. SirReveller

Pay him to mow your lawn. He'll love it. No joke.

15. patrickBOOTH

Update on the dating matchmaker that I have a boner for: She replied and gave me the info for the artsy fartsy event, but I instagram stalked her and saw that she has a boyfriend and I lost interest. Booooo!

16. patrickBOOTH

X-post from the guitar threak.

Playing chord changes is very hard. I have a hard enough time remembering fingerings in different positions, but in minor ii V i's having to change with chords and scales is a pain in the ass. Also, trying to mind 7,3 resolutions at the same time just seems impossible. It blows my mind that people can actually do it. As a mere hobbyist, I don't think I'd ever get to performance level for jazz. I'm lucky if I have 30 minutes daily to practice. I can compose really cool lines over chord changes, but I take time to do it and think about it, not on-the-fly.

17. patrickBOOTH

My bespoke shoes are taking a very long time to be prepared for my feet. I almost forgot I ordered them.

18. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. SirReveller

Whudjyaget?

20. patrickBOOTH