• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Guess which of these three responses is from someone who lives in the South!

My Mum died in pain in 18months from a Grade IV Glioblastoma..

'm sure she would have taken your cockroaches instead...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As I mentioned in a post from past time, I used watch wrestling as a youngster, and I got a lot of my understanding of life skills from paying attention to their ways. Well wouldn't you know it, one of the things I learned was how you do an interview. More specifically, I learned that whenever you are being interviewed, you should flex your pectoral muscles while you are listening to the question. Well yesterday I did that while I was being interviewed by the news media, and the reporter got scared that I was preparing to attack and then he fled the scene. So I probably won't be in the newspaper.

Should've asked for my media coaching.

True story. Although closets can be had for cheap in Queens. 

But he would have to live in Queens.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My Mum died in pain in 18months from a Grade IV Glioblastoma..

'm sure she would have taken your cockroaches instead...

:(

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lot of anger in the STL right now (I am talking about the NFL draft).

Reaction score
Too many yuppies (north side Chicago) are putting my fashion style to shame every day. That upsets me.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's a pretty good point.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sigh.. mini-rant coming up.

I'm obsessed with money and I hate it. Objectively speaking, I know that I've accomplished a lot for my age and I'm pretty proud of what I have. But all I can think about is how to make more money. It just never feels like enough and I'm constantly comparing myself to others who are more successful than I am. And then I get down that I don't have what they have.

The fucked up part is that I genuinely know that more money doesn't mean happiness. I chose to go into consulting because of the prestige and the money but I ******* hated the experience. So much so that I've been extremely deliberate in finding a career path that I believe will provide fulfillment first and money second. But at the end of the day, I keep catching myself thinking about money first.

For example, I have two job offers: one that pays significantly more than the other offer and what I make now, and another offer that pays close to what I make now. The lesser paying one is clearly the better job in the sense that it will get me on the career track I want. But thinking about leaving the other opportunity and the associated money on the table really, really bothers me. So much so that I keep finding myself rationalizing that the higher paying opportunity might actually be what I want, even though I have a good sense that I'll hate the role. And I don't want to make the same mistake that I did with my first job out of college, but my ******* brain can't stop thinking about the money.

I also have a business idea that I want to pursue -- one that tackles a social issue that is dear to my heart. When I envision what smashing success for it would look like, I know it would help so many people in a very meaningful way. But then when I introspect and dig deeper, I don't think I would pursue it if there wasn't a possibility of a big payday. So then, immediately, I know that I'm interested in it more for the money than the actual fulfillment I would theoretically derive from its success.

I'm a slave to my own damn mind. I wish I could just be content with what I have.

:violin:

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yuppie = green frog?

++++

like larry said, wives...

on the drive home, an old friend and bike buddy messaged me in our group wanting to meet up last night for some beer, and since I didn't have plans I said sure. coincidentally a bunch of my bike buddies who were supposed to ride last night didn't push through and were near my place so they dropped by and had dinner at home and met the wife and all. on the dinner table I told my wife that we are going out after dinner for some drinks and one of my friends invited her to join but she refused saying all we'll talk about are bike stuff anyway.

fast forward the next morning. I said goodbye to the wife and she was kinda grumpy and terse and said something like she wants us to go out once in a while..
oh and I asked her if she wanted to go out tonight just the two of us, and she reasoned that traffic is ****** on friday, so that's a no. :fu:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh-oh gang, it looks like bell hooks has called Beyonce a terrorist. (bell hooks is the name of a person; don't be fooled by the lack of capitalization, that's just how she likes to spell it. Also it is not the name she was given at time of birth (TOB), but now I am getting further from my original point.)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oh noes the queen-bey (her nickname) has been called a terrorist? it must be because she calls herself "bey" which we all know means "chieftain" in the turk language, which has a good sized population of the islamic set. also, it could also be because she has skin of darker color, which some people might think is because of moorish heritage, like azeem the moor, companion of robin hood (the prince of thieves) who coincidentally looks like samuel l. jackson, also of darker skin color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads