1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I feel that such a fatwa would leave the population "high and dry"

2. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Well-Known Member

Could be worse- at least they don't have to listen to Coldplay.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

If Apple don't get their act together I'm gonna start referring to their browser as "Safury" hasn't gotten me to my Internet websites good as of late put me to condition of fury.

4. firefit

firefit Well-Known Member

Shoe sizes, and shoe lasts. And learning how to develop a real sense of style. Takes a lot of money I wish I had, takes a lot of studying, and a lot of measurements. Difficult to even figure out my color scheme for my skin color. Shoe sizes are so difficult for me because I just figured out im a 9.5 3E. I never knew my shoes didnt fit well, or that I had such wide feet.
    It makes allen edmond used shoe shopping on Ebay a hassle. I see good pairs of allen edmonds running just below my width and length for CHEAP. And since I'm becoming a firefighter, my buisness suit doesn't exist unless I'm like a chief in the department. Casual is what I have to stick to unless im going on a date. But its not too bad, since I still can wear dress shirts from Proper Clothing once I can afford them, selvedge, and trousers as well.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  5. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

If we're talking purely about unpleasantness, I'm afraid you've made a distinction without a difference, my man.

1 person likes this.
  6. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

Also, to bring this thread back around to hating on Ticketmaster for a moment. I got a whole bunch of vouchers from the settlement, and they finally released shows where they'll work. There are actually some surprisingly decent ones on the list, but, of course, the codes don't actually work because we're still talking about Ticketmaster here.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Everything ticketmaster does is just so shitty. I know everybody already agrees but still wtf...

Their one job is to sell tickets. Why is it that, in the world of on-demand cloud computing like AWS, they can't fucking make a website that doesn't say shit like "We are experiencing higher traffic than usual. Your wait time is approximately 45 minutes or more".

Second, because their website and inventory management sucks, once you actually wait, oh, sorry, the tickets you selected are gone, please go to the back of the line.

Third, they won't let you select seats that leave a single empty seat. So I wanted 2 seats, but had to pick 3 on the end of the row (figured I would find a friend who wants to third wheel it). Of course now that it comes and says "your tickets are gone" and shows me the updated map...only two of those 3 seats are gone. There is an empty seat sitting there by itself. Who are these special motherfuckers who get to buy tickets that leave empty seats?

Fourth, you know all of these tickets are going to get sold to bots anyways. They've made the purchasing process so shitty, that the only people who get contested tickets are those who do it professionally and wrote computer programs to do it for them (since it seems like 9/10 transactions fail...you need to try a ton of times).

Just wtf....

1 person likes this.
  8. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Lol. Mrg...did you really just post a "ticketmaster sucks" post during the time that I was writing my "ticketmaster sucks" post?

9. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

:laugh:

I didn't realize yours wasn't a response to mine! I just thought you typed really fast!

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

I thought you were compounding on G's email

11. otc

otc Well-Known Member

And yes, the "I'm sorry we fucked you" vouchers are also shitty.

Because of course they aren't going to make it easy or functional to use them.

I only have one set (plus another $2.50 discount voucher).

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Today is the 30th anniversary of my best childhood friend's death. Single car accident late at night. :(

13. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Well-Known Member

14. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

:cheers:

1 person likes this.
  15. Piobaire

There was quite a bit of that and other stuff flowing the night of his funeral. Everyone was rather sensitized so it was a sleep over event.

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Been there, more or less.
    Hoist one in his memory on me tonight. I mean, it's only notionally on me, but still. I'll getcha back come Secret Santa time.

1 person likes this.
  17. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Sorry Piob. It seems like you have a lot of close relationships so this one probably stings.

Unlike LD, I'll actually buy a round for you and your buddy. Just send me the bill.

2 people like this.
  18. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

We have a new guy who is starting with us and he will report to me. That's good but holy shit this dude is so much smarter than me. No idea how I'm going to lead him or give him advice or anything. Oy.

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Good thing the college intern will be back at school in the fall.

1 person likes this.
  20. Piobaire