1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

But he said they didn't take anything, presumably including the window. :confused:

Seriously, though, that's pretty crappy. I've been quite lucky living in STL, where smash n' grab is a popular pastime.

2. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

i had a battery stolen from my truck once by a crew of absolute pros. they left the hardware in a neat little pile on the battery mount (how considerate) and of course they did it in the middle of the day. apparently they use the batteries to power the hydraulics in low riders (the thought of which is, weirdly, a small consolation for me - i can't imagine a sweeter use for a stolen battery).

worst part is my wife was using it to commute to the train and from then on we couldn't use that car cause then the thieves would know there was a fresh battery waiting for them.

as far as the smashed window, it could just be a crew of punks out to break shit and not looking to steal anything at all. boo.

3. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention the smashed window.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Lotta times it takes me three nights to finish a beer have to have the bartender put my bottle into storage I will come back tomorrow make some more progress on it.

5. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

When living in Milwaukee, my cousin had his car broken into like three or four times over the course of a couple years. He started leaving the car unlocked in hopes they wouldn't break the window, but they never did.

6. brokencycle

Well, that plus Sandy Hook. Ruger's stock went up $20/share (more than 60%) in one quarter.

7. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure that it was theft. Literally nothing was taken from my car (including GPS). Glove box wasn't even opened. Might have just been vandalism. Looks like someone has been going around the neighborhood plinking windows (including empty storefronts, and the office of one unlucky architect - pretty sure it's the 2nd time his windows have been broken) with a slingshot or something.

So f'n happy I got this job and will be getting the hell out of this city, and making enough money that I don't have to live in an "emerging" neighborhood.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  8. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

One of the nitwits in my building first managed to let their kids go Hansel and Gretel with banana peels from the elevator to the front door. Same day (Saturday) someone who I imagine is the same people managed to spray 1.5L of coke all over the floor in the entrance area, on the elevator floor and walls.

One would imagine that they would at least try and clean some of it up and maybe pick up their peels, but no they have just left it. So today I had to wash the elevator floor, so the dog and I don't have to walk around in it and pick up their peels. As we only get the floors washed once every two weeks.

9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Well, the tendency for you to slip on the banana peel will be counteracted by the spilled coke making the floor sticky so I feel that there's no net effect on you from this

1 person likes this.
  10. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

It's sticky as fuck.

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Well-Known Member

it's the christian thing to do

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: if a player of football assaults thy daughter, turn to him thy other daughter and pay his coach two milion denarii.

3 people like this.
  13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

That only so few "Jazz Casual" tapes survived. :(

14. brokencycle

What's the conversion of denarii to 2016 USD?

15. venividivicibj

Jesus only cost 30, so 2mm for Art Briles seems a bit much.

1 person likes this.
  16. brokencycle

How many football games did Jesus win though?

1 person likes this.
  17. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Well-Known Member

nice try, Satan

Jesus is responsible for ALL football wins

2 people like this.
  18. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

so its my dad's birthday and my brother/sister are flying down to surprise him (they are his step children fwiw) and i got the plans from my mom and great--it's a lot of housework "there's not that much" (FOR CHRIST'S SAKE YOU ARE ASKING US TO CHANGE TO BALLASTS SHUT UP) and spending the entire weekend with them which pisses me off because my birthday ended in a 0 and they literally put no effort into it. Had breakfast and got shit they were trying to get rid of (which I don't care about getting stuff, I don't even care that all we did was breakfast but like they know there's stuff I need and is easy to come by but nope. And now I have to do a giant fucking production for them. Great.

19. venividivicibj

Only because Muhammad can't touch the football

20. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

When you pack your freezer with ribs, steaks and chops for the coming week(s)....and the bastard dies on you.....and it's a year old.

Then you call and tell them to come fix this shit because you're one of the idiots that actually bought the extended warranty,.. 'we'll be out tomorrow afternoon (long after your food has gone bad and no cooler is saving that shit).'....because they dont work on mondays. :plain:

On the plus side I'll be cooking steaks, chops and ribs for the next few days hoping they can last.