1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

You live with GF? :confused:

2 people like this.
  2. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

That's why you'll all have to wear a maple leaf patch sewn on your clothing.

3. Noctone

Noctone Well-Known Member

Super pissed right now at my relapsing alcoholic older brother. Fell off the wagon yesterday and I ended up having to babysit him all night and all morning. Then I left for a while today to take care of some commitments and the motherfucker wouldn't answer anyone's calls all afternoon. Was real fun driving back over to his place thinking over all the reasons I might need to call 911 once I got there.

4. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. Addiction is an awful thing to deal with.

Today I got a flat tire. I jacked it up and removed the lug nuts, but could not get the wheel off. My car comes with one of those flimsy scissor jacks, and I was pulling hard enough that I felt like I was about to pull the car off the jack. I had to call my insurance's roadside assistance, which was a 15-20 minute call. It took another half hour after that for the roadside assistance guy to get to me. All he did was jack my car up with his hydraulic jack and slam my spare against the flat tire to knock it off. Took less than a minute.

After this ordeal, I realized I left the bag with my suspenders, bow tie, and dress shoes inside the venue I was working at. All the staff were gone by that point, so I am SOL until Monday at least.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Van Veen, I was saying in the car thread how I have a hydraulic jack I bought 20 years ago I keep in my vehicle. Only had two flats in 20 years but damn that thing has paid for itself.

6. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you did this or not but you should always break the lugs before you jack the car up.

7. Van Veen

I did that. I was not detailed in my debriefing. Apologies.

1 person likes this.
  8. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

Good ole galvanic corrosion. I had that on my old car. Happens when two different types of metal (steel hub/alloy wheel) touch. I actually took a sledge to it to try and bust the wheel off the hub. Didnt work so I took it to a tire place. Once they had the tires off (and rotated) I brought it back home and slapped some grease on the contact points on the wheel/hub.

9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I got a flat tire last night, too! What is going on?? :puzzled:

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I bought a new French press coffee making device just a couple weeks ago already has gone to condition of broken. I'm not going to call in assistance to fix it or anything like that I'll just buy a new one. Not happy about it, though.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever had French press colfee. Then again I don't drink colfee.

But when I do, it's dat cup of K colfee at the office.

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I drink dat gesha brew mmm mmm.

1 person likes this.
  13. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there was some sort of gay sex party going on next door. all I want is peace and fucking silence gos damnit.

14. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member

Where I live they want you to make an appointment. If you don't you stand in this huge line just to tell them what you want and anyone with appointments goes ahead of you as soon as they arrive
    Oops missed a page this about the DMV^^^ not the gay sex parties or well maybe kinda' similar but different

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. Van Veen

"Our concert begins promptly at 11am. Dress for the concert is black tuxedo."

1 person likes this.
  16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Proof they have no idea what they're talking about when they say black tuxedo

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Like this?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Van Veen

I think I'll go with this....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

Based on some of your other postings, I don't think you have the legs to pull off that dress.

3 people like this.
  20. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

just giving the benefit of the doubt here, maybe trying to pre-empt some smart-ass wearing midnight blue when they want a uniform black? but yeah it reads funny.