1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

I have a friend who just got married, who for most of his life was gay. But he's Christian and being gay + christian was always a conflict. Eventually he announced he had a girlfriend and the close knit group of friends were confused as hell when we would meet with him and his new girlfriend and new "masculine" ways.

it was like watching a Tom Cruise movie/skit, where he was projecting/acting out all the bullet points on masculine/bro stereotypes. it was strangely off putting to all my friends (who naturally gossip behind his back), I kind of loved it (because it was entertaining* as hell), and figured it was like when a girl tries out being a lesbian in college. Either way he's a friend and was going with the flow.

But then the motherfucker raised the stakes and married this girl... and now it feels like I'm the only one concerned about the woman he's marrying (because I know he's going to immediately want to produce children out of "manliness" ). Everyone else used it as an opportunity to get together and dress up and go to a fancy wedding and have fun.

this guy was one of the funniest people on earth during his gay stage. you know the type: Will and Grace super flaming and proud, would take over a room and have every one laughing. Then he flipped a switch and turned into a robo dude bro (but still had the effeminate mannerisms/speech patters slip out sporadically). it was like an Andy Kauffman bit, which only made me even more giggly around him (to his annoyance).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. ChiliinFool

ChiliinFool Well-Known Member

My sales have been very poor today, as one of my fiercest competitors has been giving away burritos gratis or free of charge. I don't want to speak ill of potential customers or anything like that, so I will just say that the CDC has never had cause to investigate my Mangwiches. My competitor cannot say the same of his own products, let's just leave it at that.

1 person likes this.
  3. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Well-Known Member

I remember back when your Mangwiches were gay Mangwiches. Man, they were great then--still meaty but more with a spicy, zesty kick. They've never been quite the same even though I detect a whiff of the superior gay Mangwich every now and then.

4. SchwererGustav

SchwererGustav Well-Known Member

A co-worker of mine, his apartment had been broken into and most of his electronics, two televisions and his good liquor - among other things - were stolen.

He and I are friendly, though have never hung out or anything. I like the guy and this misfortune upsets me.

Is something I could for him that doesn't over-step our rapport?

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

No but if I did I'd probably wonder "Hey, why are all you fat cunts wearing this clothing that is made for the antithesis of your body type? Do you see Chris Christie showing up on the campaign trail in a speedo and muscle shirt?"

Replacing a bottle of that booze would probably go a long way. :nodding:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Rocky Rococo has died. I'm not sure if many of you will know who that is. There's a decent chance that jcman311 and brokencycles will know.

2 people like this.
  7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

I think you know what could pull double duty. Find out what his favorite booze was. Unless you work for the Southern Baptist Convention.

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

ahora que lejos yo vivo sin luz, sin amor;
    y al verme tan solo y triste cual hoja al viento,
    quisiera llorar, quisiera morir de sentimiento.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Fat Tuesday and can't get good paczki like you can in Hamtramck.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

Comcast still is charging me, and calling me to pay for my cable/internet even though I cancelled my account and moved away a month ago.

Bitch called me and was shaking me down for Jan and Feb payments, I was like, "bitch check your records" she did and it ended up where they fucking owed me a refund of $20 :tounge:

4 people like this.
  11. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

it's not going to end. I still get bills from Time Warner Cable. My last month with them was July 2014.

12. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member

Cable companies and health providers hire billing employees from the same labor pools

13. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

I work 2 mins from a Rocky Rococo's. If I ever need to carbo load its the place to go. [​IMG]

14. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

ftfy

15. Piobaire

If you fuckers would just pay your bills..

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I'm in my late twenties now.

Where did all the time go?!

Worse yet, who is our recent college grad douchebag poaster to follow in my footsteps?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. Piobaire

The older you get the more you'll realize there is a never ending supply of recent college grad douches.

1 person likes this.
  18. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

I tried signing up with the local phone company/DSL because they were allegedly moving to gigabit fiber. They wouldn't let me sign up unless I paid my unpaid bill... I've never had service with them before.

1 person likes this.
  19. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Yes but the reason you've never had service with them before is because you've always refused to pay your bill with them. It's like a chicken / egg type problem.

2 people like this.
  20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

You're on the other list of unpaid DSL customers. The one where you got surgery to make your lips fuller.

1 person likes this.