1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Only if you buy the low-tier stuff. Their all cotton non-non-iron shirts made in civilization are quite sturdy.

2. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

I haven't tested this but I have a feeling that in the event of a fire a non-iron shirt would just melt to you.

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

We should get Iroh to test that hypothesis.

2 people like this.
  4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Hard to sit any other way in a bean bag.

2 people like this.
  5. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

The only one getting jacked is that dude you met at the local glory hole

5 people like this.
  6. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

5 hour flight delay and counting. What the fucking fuck

7. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Time to hit the glory hole. I hear Green Frog is available.

1 person likes this.
  8. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Well-Known Member

Cool movie. Even liked the tv series.

1 person likes this.
  9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Looks like Gräzl is back under the moniker "Man_Gräzl." How the hell do people not put two and two together realize that's Gräzl? It reminds me of the time Dusty Rhodes got banned from Florida wrestling and then came back straightaway as "The Midnight Rider" people was all like "Aw cool it's a new wrestler we hant seen before!" I'm like "Come on people!"

1 person likes this.
  10. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

I cant make shit up, I'm not that creative.

1 person likes this.
  11. L'Incandescent

I can't make up stuff of fiction either just don't have that skill to me, but I feel like I can recognize made up fiction when I see it. The idea of fishing as part of balchler party just didn't look like it had verisimilitude to it. Maybe it was a dream to where you didn't make it up on purpose.

12. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

Just one month left before we pass it off to a new batch of suckers editors. btw, a friend of mine transferred to your alma mater and showed me the write on. I thought UCLA's was bad but that thing was a beast.

That's disgusting.

1 person likes this.
  13. L'Incandescent

Every sense I switched my computer to "El Chaplain" or whatever I have lost the ability to go to the previous screen by swiping my finger over the surface of the mouse. (Don't anyone respond by saying "Why you even got of Mac is a bullshit computer of which no man need got what you deserved choochaw!!!")

14. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

My friend has stage two breast cancer. Work is giving her 6 months off but looks like she might need a year. So not only does she lose a year of her life she might have to quit her job. We also can't visit her because when chemo starts her immune system is really weak and the doctors don't want her to have outside contact

We hung out for the last time yesterday. I'm really devastated. We told her we'd get through this together I don't know what that actually means. Her family isn't taking it well either. She's now staying with her family and she's going crazy cuz her mother is beginning to be really overbearing about all the fake health type stuff she sees on TV

Fuck cancer

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  15. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

yeah, her year is going to suck. It's going to suck hard. My mother had stage 3 a number of years ago, and the impact was massive for 20-24 months.

but whatever. Since my mother worked at a hospital, she could keep her job, but she has since left anyways and has found something new and awesome since. It's not a death sentence nor a career death sentence.

I feel like the "no outside visits" is weird, but she will be insanely weak for a very long time. I guess my advice is to just continue to be a friend ... don't be overbearing, don't treat it like death, help out where you need to, but just let her do what needs to be done.

also, her mother sounds like the last thing a cancer patient wants to deal with. so don't be like her.

1 person likes this.
  16. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I want to be supportive but I also want to respect her space. I just don't know what to do. When my mom had stage three breast cancer all I could do was call her every once in awhile. Now that I can do something I feel guilty for my not really being able to do anything.

Maybe when she's stronger we can arrange a visit. She said they're going to do a round of chemo and then excise the tumor and another round of chemo. Her doctor said the prognosis looks good tho.

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

That's rough, indesertum. Best wishes to your friend.

I'm pissed that lately I'm constantly being suckered by fanciful and inefficient you guys post here because archetypal_yuppie hasn't been around to speak the truth to your power.

2 people like this.
  18. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your friend, InD. Hoping things work out well for all concerned.

1 person likes this.
  19. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Best wishes to your friend Indesertum.

Cancer is a bitch.

1 person likes this.
  20. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member