1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

Having almost no money is pissing me off.

Or at least enough to buy new C&J boots but who's counting?

2. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Or at least enough to buy new C&J boots but who's counting?

That's why I have no money. [​IMG]

3. Augusto86

Augusto86 Well-Known Member

The MBT-fucking-A!!!! AAAGH! This story may sound a little petty, but keep in mind that I was coming off of a day that started at 9am and went without pause until 8pm, climaxing in a 2-hour orientation meeting for my new job that 75% of particpants bailed on. I get to the Copley Square T station, and the card charging machines are out, cash only. So I put $5 cash on my "charliecard" leaving me with $5 change. No problems so far. I go to North Station, wait for my commuter rail, board when it arrives. I'm slumped down in the back from total exhaustion. The conductor comes around, and asks me for 5.75 - normally it's 4.75, but I remember that for some mentally retarded reason they charge you $1 for making the conductor do their job and sell you a ticket on the train. But I oblige, dig through my pockets - and can only come up with 5.25. The lady immediately starts treating me like a criminal, saying "Don't get on the train if you don't have the money. Next time I'm throwing you off." I'm like "Ma'am, it's 50 cents." She keeps getting more and more bitchy with me and finally walks away. All I can say is "50 cents....goddamn, get your priorities straight." Every shift I work at Starbucks, I give away coffee free if someone has a sob story about a bad day or they come up $1 short or something. It's fucking change, you know? Screw it. But the MBTA has the world's worst, most petty employees. After rifling through my pockets, I find a crumpled single. When she comes back around, I pull it out, and say "Good news, ma'am. I FOUND a dollar. And keep the change." She just snaps at me "I don't need a smartass on my train. You can walk from the next station." I'm just stunned. But obviously, even if I'm being a prick I'm still right, so I just say "You got no reason to throw me off the train, so if you don't want my money, go do your job." She just huffs away and I guess she was sick of me because for the rest of the trip another conductor does that car. I got my revenge by writing "Cheers, a Smartass" on the bill and wedging it in the door on my way out. I saw her see it as the train was moving away and she looked out and shouted something at me that was lost in the rumble. Yeah, petty bullshit. But Satisfaction: Priceless...

4. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning and felt like I had been hit by a bus. So, took some ibuprofen. I felt OK for the rest of the day...until dinner time.

I took my temp about 15 minutes ago and it's 104F. Awesome!

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

2 things I'm seeing more often, might have ranted about #1 already

1: oncoming left turners that abruptly turn left right when the light turns green, like they were in a NASCAR race and burn rubber to turn left just as oncoming traffic enters the intersection

2: jaywalking parents that run across busy 4+ lane roads with their kids in tow. And almost always within 10 feet of a crosswalk.

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

i hate those magazine ads that are wedged down into the binding of the mag and are made of a heavier stock paper/card, that make it basically impossible to open the mag to any other page....

i feel like i explained that poorly, but see August Esquire and try to not open it to the 'It's only Natural' ad.

so so annoying.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Having boderline ADD when i should be writing my paper. Pacing around the room, having to stretch a bunch, getting surges of anxiety etc... And then end up not being able to sleep at all and being extremely tired the next day in classes. Past semesters, i've been able to get my work done or at least outline and get papers done before 2am, but this semester i've been really off mentally. I need to get my shit together and quick. Me and nervous ticks are what're pissing me off right now.

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

Going to movies where I have to overhear other "ethnic" groups discuss the preview for We Own The Night about how "thas bullshit white guys is never gangstas" or cheering and shouting "YOU GO DENZEL" when the preview for American Gangter comes on.

Must never have heard of Whitey Bulger or John Gotti; or hell, the Sopranos.

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

1: oncoming left turners that abruptly turn left right when the light turns green, like they were in a NASCAR race and burn rubber to turn left just as oncoming traffic enters the intersection

2: jaywalking parents that run across busy 4+ lane roads with their kids in tow. And almost always within 10 feet of a crosswalk.

I'm with you on both of those, especially #2.

10. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

Statutory deadlines for administrative rulings.

b

11. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. [​IMG]

12. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

The Cleveland Indians

I don't know if I can stomach another Red Sox series title.

13. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Well-Known Member

Black people in the US who have been given a Preference in Virtually everything possible, but continue to whine, cry, moan and groan like little girls...[​IMG]
    Whiny White men, crying behind the autonomy of the Internet.

14. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Whiny White men, crying behind the autonomy of the Internet.
    You get a 10 on my scorecard.

15. yerfdog

yerfdog Well-Known Member

You are SO RIGHT, iammatt...[​IMG]

Mexican immigration is so underated!
    Where else could an educated nation learn about human sacrifice, torture picking lettuce and jumping fences instead of paying your way...[​IMG]

wo guy

16. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

I am sick of stupid 20 somethings who are avid christians, both not very attractive, but want eachother, act like more than friends but will not ask the other on a date because they are both too big of weiners to do it. Dispite my advice to both parties that they should just fucking do it, they dont. The guy of the couple often goes to the girl's house to build furnature or give her late night massages. Yet still they do not just fuckin do it.

Also the girl is 23 (guy 29) and has never had a boyfriend.

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I am sick of stupid 20 somethings who are avid christians, both not very attractive, but want eachother, act like more than friends but will not ask the other on a date because they are both too big of weiners to do it. Dispite my advice to both parties that they should just fucking do it, they dont. The guy of the couple often goes to the girl's house to build furnature or give her late night massages. Yet still they do not just fuckin do it.

Also the girl is 23 (guy 29) and has never had a boyfriend.

Conne is 29? Sure doesn't look it.

18. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

The fever I currently have.[​IMG]

19. jabreal00

jabreal00 Well-Known Member

I'm pissed that I had to switch tailors because the first one does not understand the concept of slim fit. I guess everyone in TX is supposed to wear shirts like tents.

20. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

I guess everyone in TX is supposed to wear shirts like tents.

This is actually true. It's state law, look it up.