1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Yup.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

"Mute" is my best friend on conference calls.

1 person likes this.
  3. otc

otc Well-Known Member

News websites with video content that autoplays and automatically advances to the next "video article"...
    I usually like to open links in new tabs in the background....like I will scroll through facebook, middle-click on anything that looks interesting, and then start reading my open tabs.

By the time I get to that tab, it has played through 3 or 4 different videos, I have no recollection of what I actually clicked on (and I have already closed the facebook feed where I found it), and it is now playing a video of Jamie Lyne Spears about to get in a knife fight in a Pita Pit.

4 people like this.
  4. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

I'm on a conference call now. I wish everyone was on mute.

5. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

The other one that got me today is I was in a small meeting room trying to have a conference call, and some dudes were whooping and hollering. Now that I think about it, it may have been Lighthouse based on his dumb friends thread post.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Meh, sex is too much work. I don't like moving my body and getting winded.

7. brokencycle

Plus he might have to take his suit off.

4 people like this.
  8. donjuan17

donjuan17 Well-Known Member

Done it before, with a Whole Foods employee no less. Had to keep reapplying so i just grabbed the jar and would dunk my junk in.

2 people like this.
  9. otc

otc Well-Known Member

:confused:

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I use something based on peanut oil, that has the same result.

11. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Seems like mobile is becoming the primary design paradigm now, and the desktop sites are built out from the mobile sites.

12. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Steel wooled the fuck out of my baking steel yesterday and re-seasoned it. Second layer of seasoning going on right now. Considering putting on a third layer. This fucker better not rust again. There was even rust on the underside where I know I did not spill anything.

13. Piobaire

Some of the best sex I've had I did maybe 10% of the work. You might want to consider that you're doing it at least partially wrong.

1 person likes this.
  14. brokencycle

We will see because once HTML5 really becomes mainstream it should change things somewhat dramatically. Things like auto-resizing to fit display size should mitigate the need to design for this platform or that.

15. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I also hate websites that don't respect the "Show desktop version" checkbox in my mobile browser and don't have a link for "Desktop Site" (or have a link...but that link takes you to the front page, not the desktop version of the page you are looking at).

A lot of websites drop a bunch of functionality from their mobile sites...
    For a completely useless example: On SF, you can't see the # of thumbs up (or who left them) on a post from the mobile view. If you hit the request desktop site checkbox in mobile chrome, you are at least taken back to the exact same page on SF and can see that info.

But yesterday I was looking at something on a CBSSports owned website...I had to wait until I was back at a computer because there was no way to get it to show the information I needed on mobile (they condensed the table on the mobile site and cut out several columns of info). I was clicking on a link in an email that took me directly to the page...but there was no way to get it to display as soon as it realized I had a mobile browser. I suppose there is probably a mobile browser out there that lets you spoof a fake User Agent string...but I shouldn't have to do that just to use your website.

Especially annoying when browsing on something like my Nexus 7...It is a small screen, but it has more pixels than my laptop and is still big enough that I can read without zooming...there is no reason I shouldn't be able to see the desktop site if I want.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

There is a certain kind of person, such as English major or NPR listener, who pronounces oo like ü. Today I overheard such a person saying wüt wüt. Maybe I was out of line, but I told her that she couldn't have her cake and eat it (have English major accent and say "woot woot").

1 person likes this.
  17. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Or, you know, get in decent enough shape that moving around a little isn't completely exhausting.

18. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Doesn't getting pegged entail 0% effort on your end?

:rimshot:

19. Piobaire

Yet another youngster that thinks one of the parties lies there like a dead fish.

Doing. It. Wrong.

1 person likes this.
  20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Bravo for fondling his balls. That's still not 10% effort on your end, you selfish prick.

3 people like this.