1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to look more and more like Boris Yeltsin

2. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

Most of your theory seems wrong to me.

-"newspaper types" have been eviscerated by round after round of layoffs that target the older, higher-earning journalists editors and managers

-what's left is young people that don't know what journalism is, and instead use the job as a platform for their views

-most hiring is for web / mobile / digital advertising etc; that is where most of the money is going. content is 99% commoditized.

I think the websites suck because of my second bullet - young people want to parrot what they think is important by making it big. Also catering to low attention spans.

BREAKING NEWS: MITT ROMNEY SAID HE HAS BINDERS OF WOMEN!!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  3. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Dancing Yeltsin or drunkenly staggering Yeltsin?

4. Biscotti

Neither, photo shoot Yeltsin.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

There aren't a lot of people that I hate with a passion, but there is this one guy in my office who I do. He's the laziest, dumbest prick I have ever met. Just hearing him talk makes me want to punch his teeth in. Oddly, only me and one other coworker openly discuss how much he sucks, but anyway along with a lot of his stupid habits he has this weird thing with his coat. I am generally one of the first people in the office and I will hang my coat in the closet all of the way on the right side against the wall. I do this because it is a long overcoat and I want it to hang freely. There is a large box on the floor of the closet that it would inhibit it from hanging freely otherwise. No big deal, right? Well, when this dickweed comes in at 10am he takes off his jacket and pushes mine to the center and puts his jacket where mine is. Not only is his jacket short and doesn't need to be there to hang freely he faces it in the opposite direction from everybody else's coat. I tried to get some information out of him in a sly way to see if he would open up about this subtle, odd, but apparent behavior. I asked him if he was left handed. He said no, so I responded with, "Oh I thought maybe you were that's why your coat faces a different direction in the closet." I was hoping he would then maybe talk about moving mine and him needing his coat in mine's place, but no luck. I honestly think he does it for two reasons 1) He's a fucking asshole 2) He knows I hate his guts.

What do you make of this? I should post a whole thread about it like I did with the bathroom villain...

2 people like this.
  6. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Pics?

When he comes in and sits down, I would go to the closet and move his shit to the middle. If he wants that spot, come the fuck in earlier.

7. patrickBOOTH

If I mention it to him directly I might choke him. That's how much I hate this guy.

8. Biscotti

Lol #officeproblems

9. patrickBOOTH

It's not even that he is mean, or cruel, he's just the most outwardly lazy person I have ever experienced in my life. Doesn't even try to hide it. I don't know if his boss is oblivious or what, but that fuck would have been gone a long time ago if I was his boss. Actually one of my friend's was his boss and tried to can him for being such a piece a shit, but that friend got a job at another company before he could properly build a case. Now he has a boss who is a pushover and doesn't like to rock the boat (cause trouble where none is welcome).

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

#officeproblems (less than sign) #Biscoproblems

Yeah I could google it but IRDGAF (too lazy)

11. edinatlanta

In six months I have gone from "I trust no man who likes sparkling water" to enjoying it on occasion. I hate myself.

12. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

How about "trust no man who would call club soda 'sparkling water.'"

13. edinatlanta

I had to give a come to jesus talk to one of the people in the newsroom. That was not much fun but i can see he's taken it to heart already so I guess that is good

14. patrickBOOTH

Is the only thing that's different sodium?

15. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a technical difference. Sparkling water is probably more often applied to mineral waters but I call any carbonated water club soda as a matter of principle.

16. edinatlanta

I hate everything about you.

1 person likes this.
  17. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

Club soda has potassium salts added to it (adding CO2 makes the water acidic by creating carbonic acid. Adding salta like potassium bicarbonate makes it ph neutral again). It's basically a cheap imitation of sparkling mineral water. Pretty sure its legally defined. Next time you go to a store take a look at the ingredients for club soda. It should have salts in it whereas seltzer water shouldn't.

sparkling just means that it's carbonated. It could be anything

Here's a good article http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...are_seltzer_club_soda_soda_water_perrier.html

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Booth, I would certainly tell him to never touch or move my coat I'll rip off your head and shit down your neck.

19. patrickBOOTH

I am not the CEO of my company.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

That means you can get away with that. I could never get away with that and my only option would be to manufacture cause and fire him.