• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed, and Ft Lauderdale, Palm Beach and Miami are particularly bad. But orlando is another level. Seriously. I LIVE in South Fl and Orlando scares the **** out of me. I literally have my head on a swivel. Oh, and someone got killed last night. Stopped to help someone who broke down and got killed by someone else for his troubles

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

On the bright side, Conne, if you're still feeling rough when the week starts, you can use one of the 300 days of sick leave you receive every year.

Seriously, though, feel better, man. Getting sick on the weekend is the worst.

:laugh: I haven't checked my accruals recently but I must have at least 15 days stocked up. I actually thought of you when I came down with this because I have a big meeting on Tuesday that I don't want to miss...IIRC, the last few times you got sick you missed some big stuff at work.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

:laugh: I haven't checked my accruals recently but I must have at least 15 days stocked up. I actually thought of you when I came down with this because I have a big meeting on Tuesday that I don't want to miss...IIRC, the last few times you got sick you missed some big stuff at work.

I have five weeks at the moment. I accrue a day off every pay period.

Pissing me off: random events that conspire to through me into an existential crisis. :fu:

Think it was Socrates that said the unexamined life was not worth living. ******* asswipe. It's upon being forced to examine your life that ***** up your head. In many ways living in the moment and doing vs. thinking is a much more pleasant way to exist.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have five weeks at the moment. I accrue a day off every pay period.

Pissing me off: random events that conspire to through me into an existential crisis. :fu:

Think it was Socrates that said the unexamined life was not worth living. ******* asswipe. It's upon being forced to examine your life that ***** up your head. In many ways living in the moment and doing vs. thinking is a much more pleasant way to exist.

Stay in the ruts in the road which society prescribes for you. Work longer and harder so you can buy a bigger house and a more expensive car. Pay no attention to those pesky thoughts which come into your head now and then.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is one of the reasons why I have argued (you have as well I think) that the folks working the day shift at the Ford plant have it made. You know when you're going to work, when you're leaving, and that every night there will be Coors Light and meatloaf cooked by your fat wife. Not much to examine in that situation...simplicity is a virtue!

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

This is one of the reasons why I have argued (you have as well I think) that the folks working the day shift at the Ford plant have it made. You know when you're going to work, when you're leaving, and that every night there will be Coors Light and meatloaf cooked by your fat wife. Not much to examine in that situation...simplicity is a virtue!

Thing is this describes most of my family (the car maker will vary, and as Canucks, the beer will be better!) and friends from growing up. They are all surrounded by childhood friends and family, lived their entire lives within 25 miles of where they were born, and have a sense of place and history. It is a comforting life. Think of Erik Erikson's eight stage, Integrity vs. Despair. I think those union workers that have a passle of kids, grand kids, and even great grand kids, drive the old Buick to the Legion hall on Fridays for the fish fry, and order the fund raising perogies from the old ladies at St. Ignacious church have no problems with Integrity.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The ******* sociopath who decided that I had to be taught a lesson for (debatably) running a red light on my bicycle this morning - by pulling in front of me and throwing his driver's door open.

glad you yelled at him, but he deserved more of a tongue lashing. did you jot down his plate number? :hide:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gosh, I get such gas whenever I'm in the air, regardless of whether I've just eaten or not.

Does this happen to anyone else?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
It's the reduced pressure in the cabin, the gas in your gut expands and forces its way out. It's called altitude flatus. Happens in the mountains too.

In other words, yeah, me too. I secretly take great pleasure in gassing my fellow travelers.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
And stitch, I save my tongue lashings for a more appreciative audience, namely Mrs. A.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's the reduced pressure in the cabin, the gas in your gut expands and forces its way out. It's called altitude flatus. Happens in the mountains too.

In other words, yeah, me too. I secretly take great pleasure in gassing my fellow travelers.

I initially thought it would have something to do with the reduced cabin air pressure.

Makes even more sense now because it tends to not be a huge build-up of gas, as one or two decent-sized farts on the ground relieve the pressures significantly. So, essentially, it's overwhelmingly the same volume of gas re-churning itself through the digestive tract, constantly, I guess (save for the minute, incremental build-up of gas from actual digestive activities).

The difference between you and me is that I do not take great pleasure in gassing my fellow passengers, for I am not an asshole, lol.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

i got my first and last all day hangover at age 17. learned a valuable lesson.

get out of santa cruz while you still can?

+++++

pissing me off- think I mentioned a week or so ago I fell off my bike as I was coming down a very steep and wet pavement road (mind you, this part of the road usually has an ambulance parked nearby during weekends, since there is quite a number of cases of people careening off when they don't watch it). anyway I went down that road yesterday and holy **** was I a big piece of chicken ****. went down my bike and just walked that part where I fell. being afraid sucks.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And stitch, I save my tongue lashings for a more appreciative audience, namely Mrs. A.

AYO!!
--

first day back at work in 9 days. started with discovering my tire was almost flat and scrambling to find some quarters and get to an air pump before work. yay for real life.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

AYO!!
--

first day back at work in 9 days. started with discovering my tire was almost flat and scrambling to find some quarters and get to an air pump before work. yay for real life.

So are you planning a marathon three or four day stretch of work?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads