1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

:nodding:

My wife tells me my father-in-law was once notorious for this passive-aggressive "teaching a lesson" to the speeders. Of course as George Carlin put it, anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Reading comments on articles about this GA law, it seems like it's as divisive as abortion.

This is about the dumbest thing I've read: '“I very seldom travel in the center lane since it's the most dangerous lane. I either travel in the far left or the far right. If the lane in the middle is open, people can pass on my right if they want to, as far as I’m concerned," a driver said.'

A girl I used to work with said her dad taught her that you're supposed to drive in the left lane. She was 100% convinced this was correct.

I drive about 1200 miles a month. This stuff really pisses me off.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Old people tend to think that, the "only" thing worse is on a two lane road, where both cars are traveling at the same speed below the speed limit, right next to each other, so no one can get passed.

I and about a hundred others were stuck behind two such idiots for a good 5 minutes a while ago, the other car right behind them and I both placed us so our high beams was right in their mirrors 2 cm from their rear bumpers, that oddly enough worked.

3. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

Are you in Denmark, Finn? The last time I was driving there I noticed that the lorries stayed in the right lane all the time. It was fantastic. Apparently there's a law against transport trucks moving into the left lane.

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

I've been pissing out of my ass....

1 person likes this.
  5. Find Finn

Yes I do.

We don't have law against lorries overtaking, but there periods on certain stretches of road and certain stretches of road, where it's not allowed though.

As mentioned we and all european countries have a law stating, that you have to use the lane furthest to the right and you can't be of nuisance to other road users.

Essentially as a normal you have to use lane 1 (the one furthest to the right), if you are going to turn left or overtake a car in lane 1, you can use lane 2 and then immediately move back into lane 1, the same goes for lane 3.

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Wow this thread pisses me off less now I've added a certain someone's posts to my block list. Is that ironic?

1 person likes this.
  7. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

You must be a great neighbour...:uhoh:

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Uh, that's one area

Dude, I've posted this before but Atlanta does have the worst drivers. And by that I don't mean aggressive or slow or anything like that; we literally don't get how to drive. The Keep Moving violators you posted are one example. Yesterday I'm turning left from a major intersection. Street I'm turning in to has a dude in the left lane (two-way street) with his right blinker on, he eventually turned right...across the lane he should have been in. I drove past him and was like "WTF" with my arms. He then pointed up as if that meant... something?

The other day I'm off from work and people are using my residential street for a cut through... whatever. Well people want to cross a busy street to the other side to continue their short cut but they can't cross. So this woman decides to speed down the left lane to get around the person crossing, nearly hitting someone who was also trying to pull out from behind the woman crossing. I almost wanted there to be an accident as I saw it happening so I could be like "both of yall fucking suck. I will go to court to testify to that."

9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Betimes I go a long time without wearing a particular shirt on account of the shirt is a pain in the buns to iron. I know some of you will take to Twitter and call me a "penny waste" for saying that, but you know what I don't even give a rip I won't be silenced.

Also, I need me some of those collar stays with magnetometers in them or whatever they are.

10. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

It did mean something. He was pointing to heaven to indicate that it was God's will for him to make a right turn from the left lane and who are you to question God's will?

1 person likes this.
  11. Find Finn

I am and I'm not going to punch him, but it's a migraine inducing sound and it has been going on for a month now, I got woken up by it the other morning, always nice to start the day with a roaring headache.

12. Find Finn

Who is it.... :smarmy:

13. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

Give the clear aluminum ones a try.

1 person likes this.
  14. L'Incandescent

I have been teaching pert near all day to where my voice is "gruff." Now I can't sing along to the falsetto parts of the new Interpol record, even though that is what I want to do.

Also, I need to change the ink in my office printer, but there's a danger of getting ink stains on your garments when you do that. I am rocking (wearing) an Brooks Brothers suit and an Armani shirt and an Kiton tie today last thing I want is ink stains on those. Maybe I'll wear some overalls to work tomorrow.

15. L'Incandescent

What the hell man looks like the Gardenals don't really want to win the NL Central.

16. L'Incandescent

Just a little while ago I was at my place of work talking to a tree when some "nungskulls" came up to me be like "What the hell are you doing you don't talk to a chree." That pissed me off because I was just trying to help the tree keep its spirits up even what it was losing its leafs.

1 person likes this.
  17. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

I just searched for "dungarees" because I enjoy that word, and I was not disappointed with the image search results.

1 person likes this.
  18. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I'm in wine country and I'm so tired of alcohol. I just don't even want to think about it anymore. Much rather just drink tea and some coffee. Just don't care what the next delicious alcoholic beverage is anymore. Only alcohol I really want to drink is some westbrook gose.

19. L'Incandescent

Are you going to drink sweet teas?

20. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

Unsweetened. Sweet tea is more like sugar syrup slightly flavored with tea