1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

It's the Internet.

2. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

My son doesn't generally have sticky hands, but that's because MrsG and I don't find wiping his hands after he eats to be an insurmountable obstacle.

Also, having kids affords me the opportunity to hear awesome mispronunciations like "a squishious cajun."

3. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Sounds annoying.

[​IMG]

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your relationship woes eric. Hope you guys resolve everything.

--

While the topic of kids and parenting is up for discussion, I have a question for the SF parents: when will you introduce tablets and smartphones into your kids' lives? I find it frightening that parents are so eager to throw electronics to their kids at such an early age. And yes, I get it -- the kids get so enwrapped with the devices that it gives the parents some nice, needed downtime. I read an article recently where Steve Jobs refused to let his kids have iPads and iPhones and found that very interesting.

Another question: how will you deal with the alcohol / pot thing with your kids? Introduce it to them at an early-ish age in a controlled environment so they learn how to handle it? Or take the whole 'this shit is taboo and it won't be tolerated under this household!' approach?

Particularly interested in a response from MrG :embar:.

please don't ignore me

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

You think that's the annoying part of having kids?

Bless your heart...

1 person likes this.
  6. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Not the just an.

1 person likes this.
  7. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I see and hear people like that everyday and I can't understand how you don't know before hand.

I've wanted a mandatory a you suited to be parent test for years.

I dislike children and I have since I was one, so I'm not getting any that's for sure, even told my mother at 16.

Other people's sticky fingered children annoy me.

I sat next to a mother with two children on the metro the other day, first the bigger kid had to change seats with the smaller one, because he wouldn't stop complaining and then he proceeded to put his sticky fingers on my pants and rock his dirty feet back and forth into my shin.

All while the mother ignored everything and the bigger held on to a pastry in bag like it was made of gold and the smaller one wasn't allowed to touch it.

8. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Sounds like Yelp

1 person likes this.
  9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Yo Paypal stop sending me e-mails telling me I've been chosen for an special offer because no I have not been chosen don't insult my intelligence.

10. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

The ignore was great

2 people like this.
  11. L'Incandescent

Both of my favorite football teams are in last place in their divisions what the hell is up with that? I hate to say it, but I am starting to wonder if my fandom is a curse. Or maybe it is the navy and gold color scheme that is the curse.

12. L'Incandescent

Okay just now at the brewpub someone "threw shade" on the viola and so I punched him right in the ribcage heard a crackling sound (like when you eat a Krackel). Don't y'all tell anyone though I do not want to get arrested by the police they will bring tanks and tear gas to subdue me.

1 person likes this.
  13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Those f'ng mofos! I will bring my axe and play whatever suits the occasion.. either escape or arrest music… how's that?

1 person likes this.
  14. L'Incandescent

There are some things you can cover up and some things you can't. I hope this is one of the things you can cover up.

15. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

Ha. I didn't ignore you, GF. I somehow missed your post altogether. I don't really have time at the moment to reply, but I'll give you some thoughts when I have a minute to write a real post.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  16. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Based on the research I have had to do on the subject, I wouldn't be in any rush to put screened devices in front of children. Children aren't capable of understanding what a screen is until they're ~4 years old anyway. There is also no real evidence that getting kids on screened devices earlier does any good in terms of education or development.

17. Kira

Kira Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, I ask, has anyone of your female loved ones ever been catcalled? I believe we have a serious problem here.. I was talking to someone the other day, and she said that she gets that regularly. Her brothers and friends usually engage in fights with the offenders. Recently, her impaired brother went to jail the other night when some wanker did it.

18. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

So you posted onto SF while you were at a bar?
    :brick:

19. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Yes.
    It happens. All they have to do is keep walking.
    :teach:

20. L'Incandescent

No, I ran away from the bar as fast as I could so's the police could not apprehend me. Then I posted from another place.

1 person likes this.