• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

We have two coffee dispensers in the office kitchen, one for regular coffee (we have a selection of different grounds) and one for flavored coffee. The convention is that when somebody makes a fresh pot they leave the empty packet by the dispenser so folks will know what they're drinking. Occasionally (like this morning) someone will make make flavored coffee in the regular dispenser (annoying enough already) and not label it as such. I take a sip of what I expect to be the pure black crack and instead get a mouthful of some horrible flavored crap. :fu:

I just don't get flavored coffee. That **** tastes like industrial waste to me.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Flavoured coffee is coffee for people that do not like the taste of coffee.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watched a live broadcast of the Berliner Philarmoniker conducter by Claudio Abbado. Whenever there were closeups of Claudio Abbado, the audience was visible (obviously) and one gentleman wore a tie in the colour which is from now on known to mankind as the brightest red of all bright reds. It was seriously distracting.

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The heavy rain here stopped in early afternoon, but it's still very grey and drizzling.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Absolutely this.

Though I will say that a dash of cinnamon in the grounds is great if you are drinking coffee after dinner, like at a dinner party or whatever. But that's not really the same thing.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what if you like some half and half and a pack of raw sugar. is that not the taste of coffee as well?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone who waters down coffee (with water) does not enjoy the taste of coffee. The true connoisseur eats the coffee beans.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
As long as they're coated in good quality chocolate I'm down with that.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OK, that definitely does not fall into the category of "flavored coffee".

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I normally agree with you but there's a local company that makes a chocolate coffee that's really subtle and natural tasting. I wouldn't drink it every day but it's really nice sometimes when it's cold out.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

now we have lemon and apple flavored beer here. and I think its picking up sales. seriously, what the **** is wrong with people???

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the same feeling about people who like herbal tea. Like one tea leaf with a bunch of sticks and berries. :facepalm:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So I have this thing about being super efficient in airport security lines. I don't wear my belt and watch until after security, I always travel with a jacket with big pockets so that all my stuff is securely in it well before I approach the scanners..even.part of the reason why I switched to ipad mini is because it fits in a jacket pocket .

Which of course means that 100% of the time, I am standing there with shoes, toiletry kit and carryon bag neatly binned, fuming while everybody else takes forever.

I realize that I do this to myself but still..... :fu:

Pro tip: leave your toiletries in your bag. I always fly with a regular stick of deodorant, sometimes regular tube of toothpaste, and just leave them in my bag. These are larger than the size mandates and I've never been caught. Flown out of the country's newest and best international terminal to rinky-dink domestic ones never had an issue. I would assume if you have metal containers it might be different.

Most watches don't have enough metal to set off a detector. A submariner weighs 135g and you need 170g to trip a detector.

If you have to do the body image scanner it won't matter, IIRC.

I just returned home an hour ago from a trip to Asia and experienced this phenomenon over and over again at multiple airports. I'm all about efficiently getting in and out; yet, others are not. Even worse, they have the audacity to get an attitude when I go around them. Just as bad is when people don't remove their bins and bags immediately after it is scanned. It really ticks me off when people stand there holding up everyone else as they put their shoes on and empty the bins. I always grab my bags and bins and get away from the conveyor as soon as they come through.
I can't recall ever removing my watch at an airport.

So when I was flying out of Reagan last week, I clearly have both hands full, I'm holding nobody up and I have my stuff on the belt. Some manatee-beast of a TSA agent comes up and is like "WHOSE BAG IS THIS" (still in its bin). I was like "yeah, that's mine" and again, you could clearly see I'm occupied. She takes it out of the bin, shoves it in my chest and I was like "What the ****?" and put it back down on the belt because my hands were still ******* full.

If you say things that make sense, that will help the conversation go a little bit better. :teach:

Well the good news is that me and my GF (again, not GreenFrog) had a good time and my fears were unjustified, which I knew they were going in. Only alluded to SF once and there was context for it. Anyway, we had a great time. Probably should have made some semblance of a plan but it was fun in Charleston nevertheless. Avoided all the rain both home and there. Had a great time on the beach on Sunday. I know its still early in our relationship, not going to rush anything but man... there's something special about this one.

That said, we ate a TON of good food and its been like two weeks since I went to the gym :fu: Gotta rectify that now.

And on the way back we stopped at the outlet mall and I kopped a **** ton of stuff. Nice new Brooks Brothers shirt for a slight discount, three ties for the price of one, a pair of AE Park Avenue in Walnut for like, 66% off and two pairs of Adidas shoes, one for running and one for the gym for like, 25 each. Was upset they didn't have boxing boots.

Anyway, that pissed me off because an already expensive weekend was made even more so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads