1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Nice tantrum acid!

2. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

More car bitching below-

My car was part of the GM ignition recall. Last week I had the work done, and soon after my ignition was keeping my key from being removed after the car was off. I went in this morning to have it fixed, and after 3 hours they told me that there is a further problem with the ignition that they have never encountered, and not only do they not have replacement parts, replacement parts are not even currently manufactured. So right now I have a rental car until GM can come up with some sort of solution, and it was hinted that it could take weeks or months to resolve. Beyond frustrated at this point, especially after dealing with the hassle of a rear wheel drive convertible this past snowy winter, only to have it fucked up just as top down weather arrives.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  3. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I'm already curmudgeonly!

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

When I use a fork, I hold it like an American and not like a European. Well I've got some friends think they're "debonaire" be like "your manner at table is un peu grossière that is no way for a gentleman to destine the fork." (They use "destine" as a synonym for "use" because apparently they think that's classier.)

5. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Yes, I pretty much agree with all of this. It's just that the triple whammy of (a) making it a lot more expensive to acquire and retain status (MQD's, partner flights get a lot less MQM unless it's AF/KLM, etc), (b) devaluation of the awards (free flights cost a lot more points), and (c) removal of some valuable perks...just piss me off especially when they were always less valuable to begin with, and I can status match my Diamond to something like an AA executive platinum.

I may end up staying with them anyway, but I'm not happy

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

They must sell LSD on every street corner in your town.

7. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

That feel when your clients are lying right to your face and you know it.

8. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. The issue I was griping about came up as sort of a secondary issue to another. I solved the former, and the latter hasn't come back up, so I'm honestly hoping I can just move on from it. I wasn't sure if basically deflecting would work, but it looks like it just might.

I really don't harbor ill will toward my grandfather. Shit happens, and I'm not interested in holding a grudge. Also, like I said, he has mellowed substantially as he's gotten older, and my mom swears he really does care and ask about my family all the time. That said, it has certainly colored my relationship with him, and it's hard to imagine we'll be super best friends at this point, especially since it seems like I'm expected to initiate it all. This isn't the first time this type of thing has come up, and I've pointed out to my mom in the past that he never calls (or returns my messages). For whatever reason, that's never especially compelling to her. I enjoy seeing him when I can, and I'm okay with the relationship as it stands.

That all being the case, I'm hoping the fact that I've been able to avoid dealing with it head on this time around means it will blow over. If it persists, I guess I'll have to assert myself, but I'm hoping sleeping dogs will be able to lie. It's just not worth the pain it would inflict, since my mom is very close to my grandfather and I'm very close to my mom. I just can't conceive of a way this could be addressed without a ton of hurt feelings and potentially more headache than it would be worth.

Oh, and Piob, I'm out of the will. Actually, I think all the grandkids are. At some point, he updated it so that his assets only flow to his kids. IIRC, it's some sort of setup where what he leaves goes to his kids and then whatever is leftover when his kids die goes to us in equal shares, but I don't know enough about estate planning to know if the latter part of that is a requirement or a suggestion.

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Ha, that last bit sounds like a law school exam question in the application of The Rule Against Perpetuities, which a traditional rule governing how far into the future someone can use their will to control what happens to their money after they die, and which is almost a caricature of the sorts of easy to state but sometimes a pain to apply rules students have to learn.
    I'll put this useful legal insight on your tab.

1 person likes this.
  10. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    LD, would you be able to apply your considerable legal expertise to criminal mischief charges in Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, or either of the Carolinas?

Asking for a friend....

11. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Sell?? They give it away

12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Btw what's with the name change?

13. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

I have a bar of sunburn roughly 2.5" above my asscrack. Uggh

14. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

without facebook, there would be no wayne jumper

2 people like this.
  15. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I dreamed that I had a vein in my arm replaced with tubing (such as you see attached to an oxygen machine and whatnot). But wouldn't you know it the tubing got bubbles in it, to where my blood would not circulate.

1 person likes this.
  16. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I've had something in my right eye since last night. It doesn't hurt, but I can feel it every time I blink. Filled a large bowl with water and submerged my face, opened the eyes, and blinked a few times. It didn't work.

:fu:

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I'm calling patrickBooth on this one.

18. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

next time you're blowing a dude in a back alley, wear safety glasses.

2 people like this.
  19. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

When I was asked if I wanted to join some guys for bukkake, I thought it was some kind of sushi. :(

20. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

You might have a splinter. I had a splinter in my eye and had to get it removed.

I don't know what you're talking about?