1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

donjuan17?

1 person likes this.
  2. donjuan17

donjuan17 Well-Known Member

Possibly. I was pretty shitfaced last night.

3. otc

otc Well-Known Member

What is with people who think it's OK to watch things on their iPads without headphones in public places?

You would think this was reserved for obnoxious young people or children with asshole parents... but recently I have been seeing middle aged average folk exhibiting this poor behavior.

2 people like this.
  4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

5. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I'm never surprised when I see that shit. Society continues to spiral downward. Think about how many people you see at Target in real clothes. Can you count them on one hand? Probably. It's sweatpants, fuzzy slippers, and bed-hair.

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

But those are the people you make love to in the eveningtimes can't complain too much hehehe!

1 person likes this.
  7. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

Ok, manton.

2 people like this.
  8. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

You should just start asking them questions about what they're watching. If you already know what it is, start providing comments and opinions about it.

9. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Fucking metro is on strike. Running at 50% frequency serving 30 million people. It's god damned brutal. Fuck the union for wanting more money and fuck the metro for not paying enough.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  10. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

moved tranny tuesday to the weekend did you?

1 person likes this.
  11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

This reminds me actually. I was on the train and there was this guy with this girl and the guy kept asking people questions and talking to everybody. He was some hipster, but what he was doing was a pretty fun social experiment. He was asking people about things they were doing, or wearing, pretty much anything that somewhat stood out, or could be argued that the person wanted to be noticed about it by "society". At the time I was holding flowers and I was bringing them to my girlfriend because was graduating from this course and there was a little celebration. He's like, "Hey man, those are beautiful flowers! You look very spiffy! I bet you are going on a date! What a lucky person!" Then to this other black guy with music blasting in his earphones (headphones) and bobbing his head around he taps him on the shoulder and says, "Wow, you're really enjoying that music! What are you listening to, it must be really great!" He bothered a few other people with stuff. It was mildly annoying because I was in a bad mood, but at the same time pretty awesome.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  12. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

There is a guy on Facebook always talking about conducting social experiments. It's too bad; he's normally a pretty chill guy.

13. in stitches

I hate all of my pants. Every time I buy a pair of pants or have them tailored, I overthink it, and they and up not right.

14. patrickBOOTH

The least most invasive action is usually the best when it comes to the cloth.

15. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I just had a pair of Panta trousers taken in due to weight loss (humblebrag) and they are a touch too tight. It's almost not enough to bother going back to the tailor, but because I am an SFer I agonize over it every time I wear them. :foo:

1 person likes this.
  16. patrickBOOTH

It is amazing really. You think something fits perfectly until you actually wear something that fits perfectly, then you hate everything else that you have.

17. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

I have a 29 in waist :alien:

18. patrickBOOTH

I don't know what waist I have because I get all my pants made for me. Suck on that, Neo_Version Pleb

3 people like this.
  19. in stitches

This

And this.

So frustrating. I really need to go the route of pB, and have all of my pants bespoke.

1 person likes this.
  20. patrickBOOTH

Even then, there will always be favorites. As with anything hand made there are slight variations as well as tastes changing over time.

1 person likes this.