1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

You know what is really funny (not really) I was thinking of you when I bought it. I thought about PMing you, but the person I was buying for isn't very picky. I bought Dior Homme something or another. It smells like sandalwood, which I like. It is light, which is optimal for this person because they practically shower in the stuff to put it on.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Maybe Dior Homme Intense? If so, you done good!

3. patrickBOOTH

Maybe that's what it is. I prefer natural, musky scents on my men rather than citrusy, which seems like the trend based on the offerings.

4. patrickBOOTH

Also, the woman next to me said the one I chose smells like cardboard. By her appearance she didn't seem to have very discerning taste so I didn't take it seriously.

5. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

twss

2 people like this.
  6. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

I have credentials? Did they send them to your house instead of mine, because I don't think they've ever arrived I'm sure they're provisional though. Once someone finds out they've been awarded to me I'll be summarily dismissed from the research community and have to go into finance.

7. patrickBOOTH

If there is anything the field of physics needs it is the econometricians mantra of, "It's more of an art than a science."

1 person likes this.
  8. L'Incandescent

There are some who will insist that Dzing by L'Artisan Parfumeur smells like cardboard. (It doesn't though those people are wack of smell.)

9. patrickBOOTH

There are also some who don't like Danzig. Those people are wack of band.

1 person likes this.
  10. L'Incandescent

I have reported you to the TransMod thread for trolling. (Evidence: this post and your posts in "What do you think them SF Posters Look Like.")

1 person likes this.
  11. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Was trying to move my wife onto my AT&T account and buy her a new iPhone for christmas. Apparently her keeping her California phone number while mine is a Maryland number is not possible with AT&T because they are different markets. FFS. :fu:

12. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

I hate bitching about this, but there is a bad wreck in front of me. I've got to piss so fucking bad.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

I've had a number of artists try to tell me that at least part of what I do is art. This is because I tell them that one of my primary tools for reasoning about physical systems is a diagrammatic calculus that boils down to drawing lots of loops and braids, and stick figures. I suppose they're right in some sense because there is certainly intent and meaning to the drawings, but I don't know that I'd ever make the claim myself.

14. L'Incandescent

Okay so I just received a deceptive e-mail. It said "You have received a gift from 1-800-Flowers.com." I thought "oh my goodness someone has sent me flowers!" (No one has ever sent me flowers in my whole life, nor should they have, but still.) Turns out the "gift" was a coupon to where I could save money if I ordered flowers for someone else.

1 person likes this.
  15. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

took forever to get off the 1800Flowers email list. I couldn't stand it, they were sending like 2 emails a day. Who needs that much spam for sending flowers???

16. patrickBOOTH

Heartless bastards like yourself.

17. patrickBOOTH

Funny thing, I was dating this girl a while back and she got super pissed off at me for having "a strange man" deliver her flowers.

1 person likes this.
  18. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

is it too late to get on the Wells Fargo hating bandwagon? fuck em.

fuck Dell too while I'm at it. these fucks did to me 6 years ago something I consider stealing, and I have never given them a dime of my money since, as well as steered all department PC purchases that were under my control away from them. now my company is basically going with them exclusively, so I am going to have to do business with the devil again :fu:

I wonder if I can just work from my blackberry as some kind of protest...?

19. L'Incandescent

Did you deliver them yourself? I just pay for someone else to do it.

20. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

Really? What was his name?