1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

spent the whole weekend with the stomach flu. it was the first time i've ever had it. the never ending puking and queasiness was a religious experience. i had some family visiting and everyone and my wife freaked out, because I usually have a iron stomach.

the weird part was during the ordeal I gained super powered heightened sensations of smell, where random things made me nauseous: hand soap/the wax from a filson jacket/cardboard/ect

also yesterday I was folding laundry in the basement, wearing a tshirt and boxers (because it was fucking hot down there), we have one of those metal tables (that you see in the laundromats), and my penis was static shocked through my boxers.

2. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

spent the whole weekend with the stomach flu. it was the first time i've ever had it. the never ending puking and queasiness was a religious experience. i had some family visiting and everyone and my wife freaked out, because I usually have a iron stomach.

I had the same experience...

Twin 1 gave it to us...

The all thing was a surreal family experience..

3. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Well-Known Member

Everything. All of it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Best weather website ever - http://thefuckingweather.com/

2 people like this.
  5. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

feel better, doc!

did the shock improve things? did it last for more than 4 hours? good thing you are an MD.

6. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

I disputed a customs invoice from FEDEX back in September. They couldn't tell me at the time what code was used to assess the duty, but it was higher than it should have been. I receive a notice today for the same bill, and it says they adjusted the rate (from 16% to 15.9%). It should have been 6.2% so I call back, and after 3 different phone calls, they are able to tell me it was processed as a knitted item instead of woven, hence the difference in customs codes. I let them know that it is wrong, but since they already reviewed it, FEDEX says they cannot review it again without charging a $75 fee for the review. So it looks like instead of paying $32.92, I'll be paying $84.43, plus a late fee. What a clusterfuck of a system.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Ate too much nutriment at lunchtime now my body's got a tiredness to it that's hard to shake, to where I'm struggling to perform my tasks.

8. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

When this happens and I am not really looking for the sort of pick up that comes from a few shots of espresso, I reach for

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. L'Incandescent

Today at Subway the sandwich artist had a speech impediment, to where she could not pronounce words with "r" in them. (For example, she said "toe-key" for "turkey.") A customer expressed great displeasure with the sandwich artist and treated her rudely. I can't say for certain, but I doubt the sandwich artist was saying "toe-key" on purpose, just to make the customer annoyed. She was probably trying her best.

10. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

Maybe she was from Jersey

1 person likes this.
  11. L'Incandescent

Oh hey Biscotti, I actually thought of you in the midst of that very event because the guy who was getting frustrated with her said he wanted some "tuhmaytuhs" on his sandwich.

1 person likes this.
  12. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Fuck off.

[​IMG]

Betimes I drink wine and tell people to fuck off.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  13. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

Hey man, my mother is from Jersey!!!

14. otc

otc Well-Known Member

My seamless order just got cancelled?

Why would you wait 20-30 minutes to inform me that there wasn't a delivery driver available today? Now I have to order different food, and reset the waiting clock again (and since I am 20-30 minutes closer to finishing my work, the food might not even get here until after I am done working in which case I might as well have just eaten at home...)

15. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

This happened to me at work once and I ordered another lunch and ended up with two lunches. They even got on the elevator at the same time. Super awkward but at least I didn't have to make dinner.

16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Yeah, one of the secretaries here told me that she cancelled an office lunch order a week in advance...and the food still showed up. And then last week she got a cancellation for another order and their response was essentially "well, we haven't heard anything so we cancelled your order...but it is possible your food will still show up". This being after it was too late to really place a new order or even just put in an order with the sandwich place across the street.

17. in stitches

back home from holiday party. was not as bad as i expected, but i ate too much sushi. feeling like a whale.

18. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Many whales do not eat fish, but rather krill, which is a small crustacean and likely not kosher.

4 people like this.
  19. in stitches

twas a metaphor.

and i dont even have to click to know that piob liked your post.

2 people like this.
  20. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Well-Known Member

Thrifted a tweed sc last week for $10 and was pretty happy with it. Just put it on, and found two moth holes. Still wearing it over to my parents' place, but annoyed. Will have to decide whether to keep or discard it.