1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

The guy using that term knew it was racist...

It is quite nowadays an obscure cultural reference.

After that, we can bring on the old Political Correctness has gone too far debate on again...

It reminds me of the Young Tory student leader using the term Sonderkommando and complaining being sacked over it...

It will teach him being an ignorant pick in the first place..

1 person likes this.
  2. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Calibri is a great screen font.

Times looks good printed and works well for paragraphs but it is an awful screen font and it is no good for number filled charts and tables... therefore it is a terrible excel default.

I might understand if you were talking about the word default...

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

You are never niggardly to insult conservative politicians.

4. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

You dodged the question. And I'd be shocked if most people did not agree with me, most of your posts are painful to read. Half the time it's vacuous content, and almost always terrible composition and style. I just can't stand your posts.

Sure I don't need to read them, but maybe a little honesty will get you to post betterly.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason your post reminds me of that time when I had ten thousand spoons at my disposal, but all I needed was one goddamn knife!

5 people like this.
  6. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

I hate to break it to you, but you aren't making any sense.

7. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

L'inc's posts are some of my favorite, and often very funny (serious response).

6 people like this.
  8. L'Incandescent

Okay, real talk: you might have noticed that I have friendly relations with pretty nearly everyone I communicate with on the forum. (I am also friends with a fair number of SF people off the forum.) You also may have noticed that my posts often get a few thumbs up. That should provide a clue: perhaps my posts are good, and perhaps you are just incapable of recognizing what is good about them.

Also, my previous post about the knives and spoons did indeed make sense. Sometimes people express their ideas indirectly (technique of literature).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

He is one of my favorite SF posters. Any fan of Jack Handey appreciates L'Inc.

3 people like this.
  10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

I've heard people refer to black people as Mondays.

X2 on Times New Roman. It is the best font and least likely to embarrassment. Calibria looks like it was designed by the same asshole who made Comic Sans.

And L'inc is one of the best posters on the board. Yuppie head is just "Doesn't Get the Bit Guy."

3 people like this.
  11. L'Incandescent

I never even thought of that!

12. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

I always read links parentetical statements in a really dry tone. Much in the the way Ben stein would say them.

13. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I think you guys who like Times New Roman are the same people who long for the days when people used manual typewriters

14. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

And here I am excited to escape New York for Atlanta for the same reasons you listed :)

15. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

I, for one, do not agree with you.

The ignore button may be used for posters with whom you are not enamored. (sorry for the subjunctive mood, I know Strunk and White frown (frowns?) upon this.) (sorry also for nested parentheticals) <-should there be a period in that second parenthetical there?

Shit, should "should" [provisional sic] have been capitalized?

16. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

shit, douglas's computer caught the Pluperfect virus.

also, L'inc is one of the best posters on the entire interwebz.

17. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

L'inc is well versed in the subtle humors. Betimes he will use the callback to bring the jokes, so you will need to be an avid reader to enjoy.

18. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Be warned though - I tried to put L'inc on ignore once and he started communicating (posting) to me in my dreams. It's not that easy to quit him

2 people like this.
  19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Be surprised. Most people (myself included) strongly disagree and greatly enjoy Dr. Lee's posts.

Sure, it doesn't matter what you think, but maybe a little honesty will get you to stop acting like a dick.

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Btw I got confused by the earlier discussion of Atlanta as a "major city". I have always thought that "Atlanta" referred to the airport and maybe a couple of houses where the TSA agents all lived. It seems that you guys are saying that there is more to it than that?? :confused:

4 people like this.