• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just as bad is the 1pm meeting. It makes the lunch hour seem too rushed. Not that I eat lunch anyway. Just a mental thing. Meetings should be from 9 to12 or 2 to 5 Those are the only blocks.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just as bad is the 1pm meeting. It makes the lunch hour seem too rushed. Not that I eat lunch anyway. Just a mental thing. Meetings should be from 9 to12 or 2 to 5 Those are the only blocks.

Totally agree. Even if you are just eating at your desk, meetings during lunch hours (unless it's a real lunch meeting) suck.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the wife wanted to visit the Stone Barns Center (rockerfeller owned farm about an hour outside of NYC) thats supposedly nice for walking around and seeing stuff.

the place was nice and all, but it was just a regular farm that had a visitors center and some farm/organic/local food available. you could walk around, but the place isn't anything special compared to any other large farm/estate.

we were walking down this path and saw these huge snow covered dunes/mounds and my puppy was having a ton of fun and ran free pulling the leash and ran to the top of the 10 foot mound.

I ran up with him and then was like "what the **** are are these things?"

it was huge 10foot snow covered mounds of manure from the farm. this was the area where they make compost and fertilizer. they were so easily scaled because they were frozen from the frigid week before.

of course the manure smell was caked into the leash, my dogs paws, and the ******* car. :fu:

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My coworker just got a dog and I was thinking of all of the horror stories that you have told us about yours. I suspect soon I will be hearing similar stories from her.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My coworker just got a dog and I was thinking of all of the horror stories that you have told us about yours. I suspect soon I will be hearing similar stories from her.

you can hook up Larry's dog with a gay doggie penis lick date.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I hate Monday.

When you changed hospitals was it hard to negotiate weekends off like you had at the prior one? Did those mo-fos even try to put you in the on-call rotation?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Back in the office. The first bit of news I get is that one of my model employees, a Russian immigrant success story whose kids are in top medical and engineering schools, is in the hospital and has undergone some kind of pressure-relieving head surgery. The story is extremely sketchy at the moment, cause unknown.

Well, this story has a ****** end. Advanced brain tumor. 1-12 months to live.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Sucks. Thoughts are with him and his fam.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

really sorry to hear that, douglas. best wishes to all.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1 to this. Drives me crazy.

Worst is when you get blocked out from like 11AM to 2...

Agreed. Stitch, couldn't bring lunch. These people were late by about 20 minutes, so we had to wait around, and then as soon as I got back to the office one of the top dogs in my org had to debrief us on a meeting she was in. I finished lunch like 15 minutes ago. :fu: :fu: :fu:

Doug, very sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just got out of a 1.5 hour long conference call. Those things are the worst. Also, I hate when there is no takeaway, or nothing for me to follow-up on after a meeting. Waste of time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads