1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Fucking 1%'er.

2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I have this recurring dream that I'm having sex with someone, but I wake up before I finish. Now THAT is :fu:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  3. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

I can recall having sex in only one dream in my entire life.

4. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I do wonder, if you finish in your dream, do you end up wetting the bed in real life? That might be worse than in-dream blue balls

5. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Well-Known Member

When I get my potential sex dream I usually go looking for condoms and guess what I never find them. This dream happens over and over and with different hot partners but always same outcome?....how responsible/ uptight am I ??????

6. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Happened a few times when I was 11-12. I think it generally ends once you start jerking it.

7. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Well-Known Member

Has not happened to me, and I've had numerous sex dreams, some with quite vivid conclusions.

On a semi-related note, last night I had a dream in which I was living in the break room of a law firm staffed by Polish speaking attorneys. One of them had an extraordinary rack. Did not sex her, unfortunately. Today I have been reduced to searching the interwebz for Polish pr0n hotties to correct that failure.

1 person likes this.
  8. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

The clock is ticking very slowly today. Can't wait 'til that thing hits 5:30.

1 person likes this.
  9. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

Three consecutive deli sandwich orders of mine have been wrong. This time they forgot tomato. Last time they forgot onion and mustard. Before that, they forgot oil & vinegar and toasted bread.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

White people problems

11. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

Ate pizza last night. Still in pain.
    (Lactose intolerant)

FTR I know this was dumb, but I didn't have anywhere to be today, and when you crave cheese all the time, you fail to abstain, occasionally.

12. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I cannot eat a sandwich without LTO.

13. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

You may very well think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

14. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

I am so fucking tired of graduate school. Half the time I am so tired of it that I simply do not want to be here any more. I want my doctorate to be done so that I can move on to new and better things. I don't even want to finish the thing some times. I just want to find a way to go out and do research without having to deal the rest of this bloody process.

15. AMProf

AMProf Well-Known Member

Well, there's always being a powerless assistant professor working 80 hours a week, praying for some pubs so you can get tenure. You have that to look forward to when you're done with your doctorate.

16. mktitsworth

Or industry research. I could go back to industry. I'd be okay with that.

17. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

What field you in mk?

Grad school sucks. I miss the friends, but not a second of the process. I'm in government research now and it's a zillion times better. Amazing how much more you can get done when your time is considered valuable.

You couldn't have paid me enough to go into academia. Nuts to that. Vicious competition for less money than all other sectors? Sure, sign me up!

18. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

sucks, but stick it out. you'll regret it if you dont. but i aint even worried cuz i know you will finish it.

1 person likes this.
  19. mktitsworth

I'm in theoretical and mathematical physics focusing on topological quantum computing. Aside from academics - postdoc or otherwise - my options are pretty open. I spent two years between undergrad and grad working in machine learning and natural language processing. Apparently the work I did at the time caught on because I continue to get recruitment emails on a fairly regular basis. With that experience I can also go into developing predictive models for finance. I can also jump into any of a number of engineering related disciplines - I know a number of people who've moved to the oil industry. I can also go do my kind of research for the likes of Intel, IBM, Microsoft, and Google - all of whom currently have active research programs in my area. I would have nothing against a governmental position, but that would likely have to be something like the NSA since the national labs have all really hankered down into application specific research.

No worries, ach. I don't see any way that I'm quitting four years into this thing. That's too much time and money invested. I'm supposed to put my proposal forward in December, and then should hopefully finish May 2015. It's just the slog portion of things where I'm tired and want to move on with my life. (I think they do this to you on purpose because for a while there, grad school was a lot of fun and I could have spent years in it. Oh wait, I did.)

1 person likes this.
  20. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

was eating a bacon cheeseburger on my desk and so much oil squirted out to my desk and its making me want to hurl.

1 person likes this.