1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

2. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

^try beating it with a stick first!

thanks brah... my week's alright I guess... its my friends that are having a tough time.
    ....aaaaaaand I just talked to our employee's sister. she's in the hospital right now, her head tumor has swollen so much and she's lucid for maybe less than half the time nowadays.

3. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

4. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Ouch...

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

me neither :-/

6. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I don't think the problem is with the takeover, I think the problem is that your opinion of quality is based on opinion and not fact. Allen Edmonds dropped the ball, and drank the Kool-Aid ages ago.

8. in stitches

9. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

Funny - D/O has been pissing me off lately also. I refuse to use antiperspirants, because they destroy my shirts. I've heard bad shit about the aluminum and stopping perspiration seems kind of unnatural too but I haven't got time to read about whether or not all that is just hysteria. It's the shirts. Deodorants don't work nearly as well at keeping odor at bay but I must protect my investments.

Problem is, there are very few straight deodorants left anymore, at least at the supermarket. I used speed stick as a kid, and when I first went back to d/o from a/p I went back to it, but it gave me a rash. Now I use the Dove Men Care stuff, but I can rarely seem to find it in d/o form anymore. I can find some other pure d/os, but after the Speed Stick rash I'm afraid to try anything else. I ran out just the other day and I've been using a/p for about a week now; I just found some of the d/o the other day though and I bought up like 8 sticks of it.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  10. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Yesterday I woke up with a weird, itchy, soft bulge in my lower back (about the size and thickness of my thumb). This morning I woke up to another one almost directly on the other side of my body (closer to my groin). They feel like a lipoma I had on my forearm earlier in the year and went away after a few weeks. Annoying and dont feel like going to the doctor for it.

11. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    Unscented Tom's for the D.O. win!

Oof, Acid, bad times. I hope things start looking up for your friends.

1 person likes this.
  12. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I used one of those all natural deoderants (not toms though) and wear an undershirt.

13. Douglas

sounds like a good call.

2 people like this.
  14. Douglas

I hate undershirts. Won't wear em.

15. in stitches

I absolutely have to wear undershirts, even though I don't like them. It's the only way to keep the pits of my shirt from getting those little wet marks on them. Especially the Italian shirts with the really high arm holes.

It would be nice if I was one of those guys who does not perspire at all, but sadly I do. I'm not a sweaty mess, but I do sweat during the day. :(

16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

This is really it. While I don't have a problem with AE (their shoes are still far better than things that retail for just a little less money, and with sales and seconds, they are much more accessible), they have been owned by a PE firm for some time now and this is what PE firms do.

The PE firm may have decided that it was better to ride the handmade americana trend than to switch to glued soles and send all of the production to china, but they are still a PE firm and are going to want an exit opportunity.

17. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Same. I don't own any.

18. Douglas

Maybe your armholes are *too* high.

I'm a big enough guy already without the bulk of an undershirt. Then the undershirt gets untucked under my shirt even as the overshirt stays tucked and creates an odd bulk around my midsection...

And I'm a two-buttons unbuttoned guy when I go sans tie, which is about 99.9% of the time.

Maybe I should try some of the newer more clingier undershirts, I dunno, but I don't encounter too many problems other than the deodorant one with going undershirtless.

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I wear a wife beater under my shirts and haven't had any issues with pit staining from my deodorant.

Wearing a shirt without an undergarment feels very, very strange to me. I'm too used to wearing undershirts.

1 person likes this.
  20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I think Mitchum makes a non-staining deodorant. I used it for a while and it seemed fine.