1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

like french fries, potato kugel, salt water taffy, chocolate covered pretzels ..... mmmmmmmmmm omnomnomnomnomn

2. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

i have a ton of saltwater taffy at home. Thanks, NJ beach trip.

1 person likes this.
  3. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

That's not the only salty stuff Conne was referring to.....

4. in stitches

earlier this week my kids found my taffy stash from our beach trip. :fu:

no shit!

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

I think Zarathustra may have taken the title of least subtle joke teller away from stitch.

3 people like this.
  6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Is there not a single happy, feel good story of friends starting a business together to wild success without ending up hating each others' guts?

:fu:

7. Liam O

Liam O Well-Known Member

I called the bank today because the guy didn't call to tell me where to pick up my new pin number like he said he would yesterday. this was the last thing I had to do before I would have had a working debit card with access to all the danish money I haven't been able to touch since september 9 when I opened the account. I was promised I'd have a working debit card and netbank access within ten days of that. I got a card thursday, netbank access yesterday, and now this happens:

The asinine mental midget I got on the phone said

"No, dets wrong, he can not to do dette, he was wrong. I need to mail it. Okay, jo, so I just cancelled your card. You get a new one in maybe 7 day, and a new pincode in 10 about. Okej, hejhej."
    *Click*

Hold the fuck up dickass, did you just cancel my debit card and hang up on me without asking me for fucking permission?

8. in stitches

With no identity, how will I continue to go on?

Teed it up.

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

No.

10. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Seriously. Nope. I'd never consider starting a business with someone I considered a close friend.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  11. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

two of my friends quit their jobs and started a catering buisness/food truck. It seems to be going ok so far, though the buisiness is still in its infancy.

12. in stitches

I don't know if I know any people who were best friends that went into business together, but I do know many people that were regular friends that went into business together and have done quite well and still remain business partners and good friends.

13. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

After a wonderful dinner in downtown Oakland last night four of us came back to my car to find the rear window smashed. A@& H*le took my backpack with my gym clothing. Calling around this am to get prices to replace. :fu:

14. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    Back in the day, a friend and I had a little eBay thing going where we were basically re-selling salvage stuff we'd bought. It was actually a pretty decent setup to make a little cash, and the profits were there (though the margins were thin).

It all went sideways when he fell for a Nigerian scam and sold the lion's share of our inventory to them. My friend had put up all the capital, so it only cost me opportunity. We're still great friends, and he's now running a steadily-growing small business. Still, I'm not above reminding him every now and again that he sold off our business to the Nigerians, especially when we start talking about how well things are going now.

2 people like this.
  15. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Animals.

This sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

16. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

I hope you find a good quote on some new sneakers. So many shops are out there gouging people.

2 people like this.
  17. in stitches

That really sucks, PSG. Really sorry to hear that.

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Why are you banking with Jar Jar Binks?

What do you expect when you leave your Vuitton gym bag just sitting on the rear seat?
    But seriously, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

The business I would want to start with my friend is product-based and would be heavily capital intensive due to the inherent engineering and manufacturing costs involved.

A lot of the businesses I see being started today are e-commerce based or service-based, which, in my limited knowledge, are not as capital intensive or risky as a product-based business.

Also, speaking of PSG's car woes above, the product I have in mind would play directly in that space: automotive security.

It would also play very well with emerging technology trends: big data and teh cloud.

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

That's a fuckton of buzzwords in one poast. Are you some kind of consultant?

2 people like this.