1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Yarr…. ye be knowin’ what befalls today on the landlubber’s datemarkers… Yar….

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I can't imagine the amount of bullshit wedding-related businesses go through to satisfy the ungodly demands of bridezillas.

:uhoh:

3. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Well she was right to be questioning him on this one as they were trying to sneak some additional charges in on something. The thing you can't imagine is how freaking ridiculous some of these vendors are, put wedding in front of anything and jack the price up because you know people will pay it.

The shitty thing is either we

1) eat the additional charges they claim are necessary
    2) walk and deal with trying to find new caterers in 3 weeks.....

Our wedding planner said she a few good companies that she is reaching out to but seriously this is not what I want to be dealing with.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  4. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Speaking of catering, Party Down was an awesome show.

1 person likes this.
  5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

The heels of the boots got stuck under my accelerator. I had to post the picture because it would be hard to describe the kind of boot I was talking about otherwise. And the only person I could think of who wore such boots as that was Vinnie Vincent. (Vinnie was shorter than the rest of the band, and they wanted to bring him up to heighth.)

6. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Aren't they making a movie?

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

I need to get a job like yours. I've usually been in the office three hours by that time.

8. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Woemn are normally nuts but when organizing their wedding is on the agenda,they're just insane..

9. Piobaire

I am so glad I had a six person wedding.

10. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

You and your 5 fingers?

4 people like this.
  11. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

You get to work at 6? :uhoh:

12. Piobaire

Most days. If I work more than 12 hours in a day though I'll let myself come in late, like 7-7:30.

13. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

yeah, caterers can be pieces of shit like this. ours had a set selection of wine, mostly ok stuff, but they said they can get most anything from their distributor so if we wanted, we could seek it out and they'd order it. So I picked some stuff out, passed it along, and choked at the bill - basically, they were charging us $60 for a $20 bottle (oh, but a standard restaurant markup according to them) and a 20% "service fee" on top of it. When I asked WTF on the 3X, they said it helps cover staff service at the event, and then I asked WTF is the "service fee" for then?? We eventually got it down to 2X plus a much smaller % of the fee, though they eventually tried to screw us over in another way (we caught it and had to go to the manger's manger, etc to get it fixed).

1 person likes this.
  14. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

What's to keep someone from lying and saying their event is an some random party? Not sure how the service will change just because it's a wedding.

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

True (but as gort's discussion illustrates) there are lots of folks in that industry who are complete pricks and know they can get away with all sorts of shit because (1) people become very emotionally invested in certain details, thereby giving away most of the negotiating leverage they otherwise would have in negotiating with these usually fungible vendors; (2) the vendors exploit this, and the fact that once the date is set the couple is locked into the date, location, etc., and may have limited options for replacing the vendor late in the game.

1 person likes this.
  16. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

:fistbump: I'm usually out of the office early afternoon though...

17. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Exactly. This fat troll probably thinks he has us by the balls (and perhaps he does :(...) so he can be a prick since the date is so close. Hoping we can get an alternative but that is probably not a realistic expectation so close to the date.

18. lawyerdad

Based on the "what did you have for dinner thread" mgm9128 seems to be an excellent cook, and MikeDT has the hook-ups for group/event meals. Maybe one of them is looking to earn a few extra bucks. :)
    But seriously, good luck (and congrats).

1 person likes this.
  19. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Alternatively, we have several lawyers who frequent this thread. I think the american way would be to sue them (although you probably want to sue them after the fact or all of your guests will be eating piss-gravy and spit-sauce)

20. lawyerdad

Nah, don't trust any of those m-fers. They're worse than wedding caterers.

2 people like this.