1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

#peopledoitironically

2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

#sorry #greenfrog #pissedoff

3. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

I think it's more than that. It's to identify the sentiment as a trend. When someone says #doublemonkssuck they are really saying that double monks suck and there are a lot of other people who think so too.

That being said, it is still annoying as fuck.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

posting vine video asap# while planking# twerking# YOLO

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

:fu:

I totally see the merit of using hash tags on twitter to contribute opinions to topics and debates where it serves more of a functional purpose (i.e., so your comments appear on that topic's page), but when people use it on Facebook and whatnot to say shit like "Finally leaving Boston! #gonnamissthisplace" I want to slap the shit out of them.

That's improper usage and that pisses me off.

6. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

people who do not use blinkers to change lanes or make a turn. makes me want to kill them.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

No, I just do it because I think I'm being funny, even though I'm not.

#youhavemyfullsupportinthis

8. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I usually don't if I'm changing lanes, people just speed up so I can't. Turning I will if someone is waiting to pull out or there are people behind me.

9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

You really should.

10. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

11. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

You should..

You have been told.

12. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

#itreallyisfunnytho

#roadragesolidarity

I will kill your sorry ass dead if you do that near me.

#youhavebeenwarned

13. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

My favorite are the people who come halfway over before turning it on. At least I don't pretend to care.

Will be visiting MD later this year stitchy. Drive safe :happy:

14. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I love the people who turn them on after they have started veering.

Didn't anyone ever teach them that they are supposed to signal their intentions not their actions.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I really don't mind people who don't use their turn signals, actually.

You can kind of tell when someone is about to make a move based on how they're driving. Hard to explain in words. It's more of a gut feeling, I guess.

I've never really been taken by surprise by someone changing lanes without signaling first.

Speaking of driving, anyone ever notice how men almost universally seem to drive with one hand on the wheel, whereas women tend to drive with both hands? :laugh:

16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Pissing me off: I've been feeling shitty since tuesday afternoon.

I don't know what it is, but my body feels warm and achey and I constantly want to drink water. it doesn't seem to interfere with anything, I just don't feel good. I figured it would go away with a good night's sleep, but it hasn't. Been chomping on advil which seems to help a bit...

Now I'm on vacation in NYC and still feel shitty. I went and bought a thermometer and came in at 99.7 (and 99.5 and 100.0 on other attempts) which isn't that high, but usually I come in on the low side :(
    I swear I have had to use the bathroom multiple times at every single coffee shop/bar/restaurant I have been in today...and now I've been pooing every time too...no idea what is wrong with me. Otherwise feel fully alert and able...even been riding around on the citibikes.

Been a good time so far though...had a fantastic lunch, had a drink with an old girlfriend who happened to be in town today for an interview, now I'm off to dinner with some people...but I wish I could do it without peeing every 20 effing minutes.

17. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    I'll straight box somebody out if they don't use their blinkers. If you don't care enough about driving safely to do something so simple, I'd really rather not have you driving around me. I'd rather just pass you by.

Plus, if you don't signal, you're probably an entitled a-hole, and making you wait brings me a modicum of smug satisfaction.

18. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

I thought changing lane without signaling is a rather recent phenomena. I am pretty sure everyone use turn signal when changing lane 15 years ago. I wish people still do.

19. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Also, people who don't stay in the proper lane when turning (especially on a multi-turn-lane to multiple-lane transition).

When I ride my motorcycle to work, I do one of these. I know that I am going to want to be on a certain side of the road after the turn, so I always get into the turn lane that corresponds to that lane. I swear, 50% of the time, the car in the other turn lane also wants to be in that same lane, and don't bother waiting until they have completed the turn to make a lane change...they just take the turn wide and barge over.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Agreed you should signal but people that speed up to box you out when you signal should be shot and pissed on. Not necessarily in that order.

2 people like this.