• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't buy anything unless it "speaks" to you.

And there is some very nice metal furniture out there (I'm being serious...I have a metal chair that looks like it'd be uncomfortable as hell but somehow it isn't)

The same guy makes a couch, but it was out of my price range. Cat proof furniture does exist (Genevieve hasn't learned how to weld yet, right?)

Thanks for the tip. I'm absolutely not going to buy anything unless it's really what I want.
Is that metal furniture actually comfortable, or is it just less uncomfortable that you'd think? I have to say, it doesn't look very comfortable!

Maximator

Reaction score
the world hasn't run out of ways to be douchebags to bikers. I only ride for exercise and have mainly found alternative methods because I've grown to fear for my life. of course, as I type this I am reminded of the assclown yesterday who was riding on the sidewalk, opposite the flow of traffic, with a perfectly wide, well marked bike lane 6 feet away. almost collided with a lady in a motorized wheelchair

Haha, speaking of colliding with vehicles. I was riding on the fenced off bike lane(the correct side) and then there where 2 tricycles(imagine small electric tricycle taxis) driving right next to each other towards me. So there wasn't even an inch of free space for me to pass them.. Now all 3 of us are driving towards each other, and I'm thinking" Holy ****, one of you 2 has to break, otherwise we'll crash". Well, guess what happened, none of them slowed down, and we got ourselves a crash. thankfully no one was hurt, and my bike was fine. What REALLY pissed me off was that the other driver just gunned away. He just didn't want to help this old couple and didn't even check if they where okay. I hope this ****** gets run over by a truck or something.

Last edited:

Maximator

Reaction score
Just found out that I only teach 2 hours instead of 3, because of some bullshit weather excuse(a little bit of wind and a little bit of rain). Every week there is something that cuts into my hours. This REALLY pisses me off.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

come on admit it... you accidentally killed it yourself during a freak vacuuming accident.

i thought about it many times. but i never followed through. i am a weak man.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek:

dune

Reaction score

Shopping for furniture is hard. I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, but I know that everything I see is not it. (I know I want something very contemporary looking at least.) Also, I'm very worried that I"m going to spend a lot of money on furniture and within a day Genevieve will ruin it by clawing it up or pooping on it.

I'm just going to get everything from Ikea. So even if the cats do end up ruining it, not a huge loss.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:(. Sorry for her loss, hope she cheers up today.

thanks, jj. i think she will be ok. today will be the burial. not exactly looking forward to it.

Maximator

Reaction score
Since I don't have to work tomorrow(Monday) I decided to have a drink. So after I finished the bottle(only 125ml) and the buzz started to settle down again, there was this headache from hell. Never had a hangover headache that bad from this alcohol before. Seriously annoying.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thanks, jj. i think she will be ok. today will be the burial. not exactly looking forward to it.
It's kind of you to give it a proper burial. I recall burying a few pets and creatures during my youth. It meant a lot to me to go through with the ritual.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry for your loss, stiches.

I had another ******* blow up with my team last night - I got tickets to a ******* bulls game, great ******* tickets. we agree to meet downtown before the game for a drink. I leave my daughters birthday party before the end, in order to be downtown to meet them on time. on my way, 30 minutes after they should have left, they call me to tell me that they still haven't left, and that they will leave in 15 minutes or so. so I say something like "don't you think that you should have called me that you were going to be late?" and the guy starts yelling at me about how I always blame him and its not his fault. so I have to tear him a new asshole, then ask him to pass the phone around and tear the other guy who was with him a new asshole. the 3rd guy, who went down 15 minutes early to meet them to go together down town, is pissed with them already.

F***ers. I will be so glad to get them out of the country and back to their markets.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
^ Ingrates.

Stitchy, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's loss. Serious question: is it kosher to say the Kaddish over a dead pet? Do you think your daughter will expect it?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's kind of you to give it a proper burial. I recall burying a few pets and creatures during my youth. It meant a lot to me to go through with the ritual.

sorry for your loss, stiches.
I had another ******* blow up with my team last night - I got tickets to a ******* bulls game, great ******* tickets. we agree to meet downtown before the game for a drink. I leave my daughters birthday party before the end, in order to be downtown to meet them on time. on my way, 30 minutes after they should have left, they call me to tell me that they still haven't left, and that they will leave in 15 minutes or so. so I say something like "don't you think that you should have called me that you were going to be late?" and the guy starts yelling at me about how I always blame him and its not his fault. so I have to tear him a new asshole, then ask him to pass the phone around and tear the other guy who was with him a new asshole. the 3rd guy, who went down 15 minutes early to meet them to go together down town, is pissed with them already.
F***ers. I will be so glad to get them out of the country and back to their markets.

^ Ingrates.
Stitchy, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's loss. Serious question: is it kosher to say the Kaddish over a dead pet? Do you think your daughter will expect it?

thanks a lot guys. i think it did mean a lot to my daughter that we did that.

atlas, i cant speak for others, but for me, that would be inappropriate. my daughter is not old enough to know about that anyways, and even if she was, i doubt she would have expected it.

GT - i hate that kind of inconsideration. i hope you can still enjoy the game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics