1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

As long as you stay polite, honesty is always welcome..

2. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

Not to many. They want to be lied to and continue to live the charades they call a life. Anyone who even alludes to their fallacy by speaking the truth is treated with disdain and contempt.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Ha, there's a couple running shops downtown that do the same, which means they start running during rush hour in down town Copenhagen.

Thankfully I live outside the city center and next to a park, the same does my gym.

4. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

This is true, but on the other hand a lot of people who call themselves "honest" are actually tactless assholes with diarrhea of the mouth.

2 people like this.
  5. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

[​IMG] That might be me.

6. otc

otc Well-Known Member

A pissy followup to this. I didn't need any gear, but I passed sale along to some friends. Since it is one of those stupid members-only sites, you have to sign up to shop there, and they give you a referral bonus if someone signs up and buys something.
    To get the $25 referral bonus, they have to spend at least $25.

Of course the best climbing harness deals were priced at $24.98 so even though my friend bought one, it doesn't count as a referral :(

7. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I do prefer to run outside, but there's three reasons why I needed to stay indoors:

Being outside at dusk in a Florida summer is miserable. I can deal with the heat and humidity, but there is a veritable cloud of bugs that I just don't want to deal with

My current program involves all-out sprints, and when I do that outside people assume that I've just stolen something

The topography of Florida is as flat as edina's ass, so I need an inclined machine if I wanted to do hill type stuff

2 people like this.
  8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

:lol:

9. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

My boss just called. I have to head back to my office tomorrow (on assignment elsewhere until Thursday) to pack up my personal effects....

Because I'm moving offices. :fu: Getting shipped off to a shittier space with only one window. God damnit.

10. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

Whew, for a second there I thought you were going to be the first government worker ever to actually get fired.

1 person likes this.
  11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I thought you really liked me. :cry:

1 person likes this.
  12. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

my first government office (state Capitol, sacramento) had a really huge window but I had to share the space with another dude. Second (basement, City Hall, NYC) had a sort of window up high but the office itself was half underground. Third was first floor city hall, huge windows but shared with like 6 other people. Then a tiny CH office once occupied by David Rockefeller, window but lousy and small.

CIA: window and I was alone. NSC (EEOB), first was a shared cubicle, window but really lousy. Actually moved around a lot in that building. Last office, formerly Ollie North's, had no window.

2 people like this.
  13. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

I think it is too early to lose faith in Conne's eventual termination yet.

1 person likes this.
  14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

This is really interesting to me.

1 person likes this.
  15. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

My work blackberry died yesterday after 5 years of service. My assistant goes to our procurement department and gets me a list of new available blackberries to choose from.

No Q10, no Z10, and every model on that list is marked on the rimm site as "discontinued"?

Really??

16. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Bold 9700 was the best BB ever made. Mine made it through a deployment alive and has been since retired to a drawer.

17. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

^ i always feel bad for super loyal BlackBerry users who have to learn a new system.

1 person likes this.
  18. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

I am not loyal to BB at all. I jettisoned it for an iPhone. I knew it had become obsolete when I couldn't open text only webpages on it.

19. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Me either, I just have no choice because my company is in the dark ages

20. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

I think BB as a mobile company may be done. I had to use the q10 for two weeks, as the guinea pig for the firm. It absolutely sucks. It was very unintuitive and cumbersome to get anything done. I do think that BB, as a QNX, company could have a bright future in other areas, if they could innovate. Unfortunately for BB, innovation is not their shtick.

I happen to love my recent Nokias (currently have 1020) and wished there was a Windows Phone with a keyboard native or as slide out add-on for my boss. One would think that Nokia could capture significant market share in enterprise with just one phone with a physical keyboard.

On the other hand, the lack of physical keyboards has cut down on significant afterhours emails.....